Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun cleaning and maintenance

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake1911 View Post
    7.62mm is .30 cal. For corrosive you'll want a silicone oven mitt, everyone has their own way but q-tips are always handy, I fully disassemble and use lots of boiling hot water then finish with a bit of Fluid film once dry.

Wear safety glasses so you don't get powder and hot brass or solvent and crud in your eyes

Cleaning procedures can get extremely tedious depending on your goals, for warm weather lube I usually use whatever engine oil is handy, in the cold its lighter fluid ymmv

Be mindful of adding flammable solvents to your household

And please for the sake of this country don't be afraid to spend an extra buck on our community supporters

Brass cleaning rods are my favorite
    Someone suggested showering with your rifle after firing corrosive ammo so I guess I’ll stick with that 😂

I bought all of my guns and ammo from Canadian retailers and will continue to support those who support us as much as possible 💪🏻

Brass is best I have heard.

You have to clean them. Lol
    Last edited by Gofast240; 04-10-2022 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    It may seem like overkill, but I bought an Otis Master cleaning kit. There hasn't been a gun that's crossed my hands that I haven't been able to clean.

ttps://gun-shop.ca/product/otis-elite-universal-cleaning-kit/
    Thank you! I have heard good things about these Otis kits also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAGoodLad View Post
    Someone suggested showering with your rifle after firing corrosive ammo so I guess I’ll stick with that ��

I bought all of my guns and ammo from Canadian retailers and will continue to support those who support us as much as possible ����

Brass is best I have heard.
    This is my rifle. This is my gun. This is for fighting. This is for fun.

What you do with your rifle or gun with your own soap is your business.

There are guys in the military who shower with their rifles. It is about use of time for them not about cleaning. A little piddle of showerhead water is the same as a heavy rain, and it won't lift off anything except surface dust.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

BANNED
    I ended up going with the OTIS universal cleaning kit as suggested and some Hoppes No 9 bore cleaner and elite gun oil. I figure this should be sufficient for my beginner needs for now. Thanks everyone for your advice,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12