Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MRX Bison 300BLK

Quote Originally Posted by rocco View Post
    It’s not tactical cool as you say…. It’s the law and the facts…. 300blk is designed for a SBR FACT…. 300 blk is designed to be Subsonic FACT… We can’t have suppressed firearms FACT. UNLIMITED rounds in a bolt gun Law FACT. The FUDD mentality is the problem not the consumers wanting a product that was designed in that exact specific way that follows the law…
    LOL - FACT!

You and i both know the facts. I am simply pointing out that from a manufacturing standpoint, putting a 12" barrel 300blk is not in the works. Realize that this was an order from Epps, not a standard issue from BCL. So BD for Epps have decided that the 16 or 16.5 barrel would sell faster than a 12" barrel.

As for the proprietary mag, if BCL does issue one, they will have to modify the chassis (unless it has been premodified during the initial runs - which i highly doubt) so that a proprietary mag and AR mag cannot be used in the same rifle - otherwise, it's just another AR mag.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    The BCL mag has five ribs that will not fit in a AR style mag well. Very clever actually.

Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    The BCL mag has five ribs that will not fit in a AR style mag well. Very clever actually.
    That is cool, can't wait to see how it works.
    Yep, it's like that.....

I will purchase lots of these mags if it’s 10-12in barrel 300blk. ��

Sorry 6 not 5 ribs.

I know it's only 48 yards, but even at this distance my 5.56 Bison did okay, and it is a baseline for more testing, I am sure using a sled over the bipod and a better scope would have shrunk the groups.

BCL was fat to respond and great to speak with on the phone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    I honestly don't see the point in a 30 round magazine on a bolt gun, especially considering the availability of reliable 10 round mags. I'd rather utilize mags that are plentiful and cheap than pay $60+ for a mag i can only use in 1 gun. Plus you would still need 5 round mags for hunting in many jurisdictions.

As for the 12" vs 16" length, i don't get that either. 12" makes more sense for this caliber and intended purpose , and since nobody is rushing out to buy them... seems like a mistake. 16" makes more sense for the 223 models. Honestly BCL has baffled me since they were the other company.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Point is they can make 5 mags easily as well. 12.5" very handy and by far my most fun gun, but each to their own.

I just like having an option to AR magazines, as all others will be hooped if they name AR magazines specifically and throw on their crap list...........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    BCL seems to go to great efforts to put a layer(distributors) between them and the consumer.... even though they are Canadian they seem distant.

If these guns were a bit more accurate and less ammo sensitive, and perhaps had an easy to change barrel, bolt caliber option.... and came "a la carte" for ordering options...... well that would be nice.

I was interested when they were first announced but the role out as been slow and most reports about average to below average accuracy and some teething problems with parts breaking or not working correctly sort of put a damper on the desire to buy one.
    Last edited by Can-down; 03-15-2022 at 03:11 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I had an ejection problem an email to BCL resulted in replacement parts to my door in three days, two minutes to swap out. Try that with Remington or Ruger's repair center. I like supporting a Canadian business as well.
    Last edited by randyhub; 03-16-2022 at 10:18 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    I had an ejection problem an email to BCL resulted in replacement parts to my door in three days, two minutes to swap out. Try that with Remington or Ruger's repair center. I like supporting a Canadian business well.
    And your getting some decent groups with lighter hand loads... I've been following the positives as well as the negatives Randy. I've also read people's reports where they had difficulty getting through to BCL let along getting the parts that failed replaced in 3 days.

I'm also not an NEA hater turned BCL hater.... I wish them the best and as such I wish the guns performed a bit better and the options people want were more available.

I've had terrible and good service from Snapper heads(Ruger Warranty), mostly disappointing but there has been some success. If I start a thread complaining about it there will, and has been, someone that chimes in they had great service and got their parts in 3 days..... which is as the Dude would say " that's like, just your opinion man....."

Not trying to s h i t on them, just wish things were going a bit smoother is all. Heck it would be nice if someone from the company would weigh in online and let us know what's up directly.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast