Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323334353637

Thread: OIC: Amnesty extends to October 30, 2023

Look, you can think what you want. I base my opinion on what I see, but also what I read, and what I hear from a variety of sources.

The secondary sources are evaluated using heuristics: is the language objective/factual or does it skew things? Are the objective sources or data which I can refer to? Is this a hot-button topic? Is there an interested party?

So as that shakes out: I myself have heard the protests while talking to family who live in Ottawa. My sister in law is a nurse at Elisabeth Bruyere in Lowertown. Literally every day, she was yelled at and harassed and sworn at because she wore a mask. According to her first hand reports, people who were dying, or in pain, and just trying to get recuperative sleep were basically tortured and harassed because people wanted to protest. And yes, it is their right to protest. But protest shouldn't harass the innocent. I have been to dozens of protests, going back to anti-apartheid rallies outside of the S African embassy.

So don't worry about me. My priorities are in order. Can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    Pubb, allow me to explain why you worry me. You aggressively press a point of view regarding the trucker protest that parrots the Liberal government line, and which is clearly based on lies. That tells me you fell for those lies without any checking of facts and formed your opinion on what you were actively led to believe. You seem to be equally led in other areas. I don't know where you stand on the gun ban OIC, but it is similarly based on lies. You are a small fish and I don't care whether you ever wise up, but my worry is you represent a large number of people who, like yourself, are willing to swallow lies. That is what keeps me up at night.
    Liberals and NDP worked together to get Medicare. And Old Age Security. And Canada Pension Plan. And the Maple Leaf flag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    Look, you can think what you want. I base my opinion on what I see, but also what I read, and what I hear from a variety of sources.

The secondary sources are evaluated using heuristics: is the language objective/factual or does it skew things? Are the objective sources or data which I can refer to? Is this a hot-button topic? Is there an interested party?

So as that shakes out: I myself have heard the protests while talking to family who live in Ottawa. My sister in law is a nurse at Elisabeth Bruyere in Lowertown. Literally every day, she was yelled at and harassed and sworn at because she wore a mask. According to her first hand reports, people who were dying, or in pain, and just trying to get recuperative sleep were basically tortured and harassed because people wanted to protest. And yes, it is their right to protest. But protest shouldn't harass the innocent. I have been to dozens of protests, going back to anti-apartheid rallies outside of the S African embassy.

Your signature line is extremely flawed. The libs and NDP have worked together. To ruin Medicare, steal from old age security and Canada pension plan.

I think you're a parrot. You're here just to give the rest of us a hard time and that's ####ty. If I were to go over to some libtard website and behave the way you do, I'd be called racist and a troll. I think you should go to those websites and leave the rest of us alone.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Your signature line is extremely flawed. The libs and NDP have worked together. To ruin Medicare, steal from old age security and Canada pension plan.

I think you're a parrot. You're here just to give the rest of us a hard time and that's ####ty. If I were to go over to some libtard website and behave the way you do, I'd be called racist and a troll. I think you should go to those websites and leave the rest of us alone.
    Oh no! Somebody has a different opinion then mine…let’s throw a tantrum. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Oh no! Somebody has a different opinion then mine…let’s throw a tantrum. LOL!
    Thank you for beating me to the punch.

I am a gun owner. I also believe in the promise of Canada as a country where take care of each other. Where we allow different voices and opinions with the bare minimum of infringement necessary to maintain civility.

I am also a citizen whose vote is not utterly tied to any party or single issue. What I see from Ontario is that literally every Conservative politician is mired in corruption. Locally: Tony Quirk, Bob Gale, Rick Dykstra, Dave Barrick, and the rest of them who ####ed over Niagara and then moved to Brampton to plunder. Who literally brought Paul Godfrey, then head of Postmedia to a secret meeting at a hotel to get him to fire the local paper's editorial team which was actively investigating outright grift by politicians associated with the Conservatives.

Ford giving the Cortellucis an entirely unnecessary highway that runs parallel to an existing and empty highway and appointing his nephew as a candidate. For issuing MZOs to pave over some of the best farmland in the entire country. For literally saying that he wouldn't have voted to allow a residential home for adults with autism in a neighborhood if he knew they would leave the house. For ####ing over FIFTY THOUSAND kids who can't get the services that would alter the trajectories of their lives within the window where it would actually do some good for them. For legislating pay freezes to every public service jobs EXCEPT for cops...like his son in law. For being a millionaire who wanted the OPP to not only buy him a camper van so he could be comfortable as he travelled, but to hide the fact they were doing it. For attempting to appoint his under-qualified buddy the head of the OPP.

Those aren't the people I want running my city, province, or country. You may feel differently.
    Liberals and NDP worked together to get Medicare. And Old Age Security. And Canada Pension Plan. And the Maple Leaf flag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post

Well you'd be the perfect hero if you weren't so condescending (a heuristically proven flaw you should work on). Your italics suggest I don't look at a variety of sources. Step down before you get a nose bleed.

Do your balanced sources confirm to you the government was telling the truth about the nature and threat of the convoy? Careful it's a trap question.

As I said before you're a smallish concern of mine (though as with everyone I wish you the best). It's the simple minded repeating of one side, almost like you've been fed it and swallowed it hole, along with that ever dividing streak that the other is wrong, stupid and in a different class than you. That is my worry.

And of course you'd have been at protests all your life. Can't overcome that DNA I guess.

Yeah, I don't deny I am an ####### here. You can only be called a libtard so many times before you stop GAF about how people view you. I try to be more or less polite.

My balanced sources about Ottawa are family members and my own hearing from the phone calls where my SIL asked for professional advice on how to handle my young niece's growing anxiety about being accosted by strangers in the street. It wasn't Trudeau calling her mother a sheep and a child abuser for having her immunosuppressed transplant recipient child wear a mask.

As for protests all my life, yes. My parents raised me to object to injustice and to not be a bystander. I'm proud of that. And before you get started, no, vaccine mandates aren't "injustice". South African blacks didn't make a choice to be oppressed and essentially enslaved.

Well you'd be the perfect hero if you weren't so condescending (a heuristically proven flaw you should work on). Your italics suggest I don't look at a variety of sources. Step down before you get a nose bleed.

Do your balanced sources confirm to you the government was telling the truth about the nature and threat of the convoy? Careful it's a trap question.

As I said before you're a smallish concern of mine (though as with everyone I wish you the best). It's the simple minded repeating of one side, almost like you've been fed it and swallowed it hole, along with that ever dividing streak that the other is wrong, stupid and in a different class than you. That is my worry.

And of course you'd have been at protests all your life. Can't overcome that DNA I guess.

This is yet another example of a poor rebuttal without any substance. All you did was throw insults and essentially turned yourself into a hypocrite you claim he is! A person who has to degrade and devalue another is truly pathetic.

OIC: Amnesty extends to October 30, 2023 - that's it!

Don't send your guns to the PVC tubes or government collection yet.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account