Finally arrived - Walther PDP full size 9mm 10 round magazine

Do these have the red of blue followers?

Walther recalled the red ones and replaced them with blue for our US cousins. Is the same happening here?

Do these have the red of blue followers?

Walther recalled the red ones and replaced them with blue for our US cousins. Is the same happening here?

I think all the Canadian retailers are selling the recalled magazines. I just got my PDP delivered and it came with the orange follower magazines. The piece of plastic on the follower isn't tall enough. I'm also not getting consistent slide lock when empty. I compared my orange mags to the orange ones in this video and they seem the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzW3V8vYRN8

Last edited:
It does say 18 rounders but my orange follower is identical to the recalled orange follower in the video. I'm having issues with the slide locking back with all my orange magazines which leads me to believe it's the same issue. I could be wrong though. I'll be giving Walther a call Monday morning to inquire.

Well Pete, you were right. I finally got a chance to get out and shoot my new pistol. I took 2 mags with me and both failed to lock open on the last round. Waiting on a reply back from Walther. I asked Gravel agency if they've heard anything about the 10 rounders having problems and they said they haven't heard much. Something or not at all is what I'd like to know.

Gravel agency looked at mine and said everything checks out and couldn't duplicate the issue. Said maybe my thumb is riding the slide catch. I'm pretty sure I was consciously making sure I didn't after the first couple of mag changes but who knows. I'll have it back tomorrow and give it another try.

As for the Marstar folks, can you guys get the blue followers if a person was so inclined to try swapping and see if that makes a difference? Pardon the derailment.

Back
Top Bottom