Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bren 807

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar

Bren 807

Please to God tell me you are already working on this semi only version for us Canadians

https://youtu.be/0TTEBL-BAlA
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Yes please 7.62x39

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Please to God tell me you are already working on this semi only version for us Canadians

https://youtu.be/0TTEBL-BAlA
    Ian in the video you linked already stated that CZ isn't making them anymore and never offered a civilian semi auto. How's Wolverine supposed to import them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_485 View Post
    Ian in the video you linked already stated that CZ isn't making them anymore and never offered a civilian semi auto. How's Wolverine supposed to import them?
    Maybe he’s hoping that since they’re no longer in production, a copy could be made, suitable for the Canadian market, by WS?
    Romans 13:4

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_485 View Post
    Eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by Uniacke View Post
    Maybe he’s hoping that since they’re no longer in production, a copy could be made, suitable for the Canadian market, by WS?
    THIS^^^^
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Not gonna happen
    Last edited by EvilJoe; 03-21-2022 at 11:01 PM.

CGN Regular
    far as i know the only brens that have an FRT entry are prohib. That would be a lot of risk to take on when the 180 platform is pulling in those sweet NR snow pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    far as i know the only brens that have an FRT entry are prohib. That would be a lot of risk to take on when the 180 platform is pulling in those sweet NR snow pesos.
    The lowers needed a bit of tinkering (no different then the apc lowers did to male them NR) and those wk are no where near the caliber/quality (worth fo money) then any cz produced firearm
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Member Lover of all things lever's Avatar
    What is the question being asked to wolverine here? Not trying to be adversarial, just curious as I'd love a CZ rifle too.

Would the intention be to have them
    imported? The video says that the specific 807 model rifle is no longer being made by CZ (and would probably need another frt even if it was available to purchase from CZ, and what in the hell are the chances the RCMP would even allow it after all this OIC non-sense) so importing from CZ isn't going to happen, especially if the 807 was full auto, so it would be a pain to work around it and make a new CZ made specific Canadian model and send it on for the half a decade it takes the RCMP to approve it.

If the intention isn't to import one, but to have a Canadian company produce a Canadian compliant variant of one, what are the chances they'll be interested in investing a lot of money on a new rifle platform that hasn't already been done on the scale of something like an AR-180? Not to mention, we can't expect this rifle to be the same quality as a CZ, especially with what we've seen of the wk-180c and ws mcr style rifles...

So, not trying to be a downer as I'd love a CZ 805/Bren style rifle, or the real deal itself, I just don't see how it would appear on the Canadian market if 1. CZ doesn't make it anymore 2. There was an frt entry for the Bren 2 and was approved restricted for a while, but for whatever reason we didn't hear from it since (maybe OIC, or RCMP changed their minds idk) 3. Don't see Canadian companies tooling up and investing in a new rifle platform that wasn't already made in the levels the 180b was and there's a good chance Trudeau can take it from them at a moment's notice, and since the 180c and ws mcr has some success already, a new rifle variant may not be worth it.
    Last edited by Lover of all things lever; 03-22-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast