Thread: Kupple Things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar

Red face Kupple Things

Owww bout an edumuhcayshun lesson awn parallax?

And oww come yewawl don’t make seenyore scopes?
    You kmow, where thuh awwcullar lens t’ain’t hang’in awn by kupple treads?

Asking furr a friend.

Cheers
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

Lol, I enjoy your posts. Just dawned on me that it’s actually the safest way to communicate without being picked up by filters from
    Big brother too.

CGN Regular
    Never change kamlooky

Because seenyores aren't supposed to shoot anymore. They're supposed to pass down their firearms to their next generation (like me) and teach them how to use it properly. :-D
    And surprise us with crates of ammo on occasion.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    Because seenyores aren't supposed to shoot anymore. They're supposed to pass down their firearms to their next generation (like me) and teach them how to use it properly. :-D
    And surprise us with crates of ammo on occasion.
    I like your thinking. LOL.

I was over visiting dad on the weekend. He is 83. I used to reload with him while I was younger, and figured I needed to get back into reloading. Was hoping to go thru his gear and get a few things. Well, he still had a hard time to part with things, and we didn't end up going through all his gear. Maybe next time.

Remember it is never to early to pass on the baton to the next generation. I'm putting a custom rifle on hold to get another 10/22 scoped, so I can take the wife and the 2 boys out shooting, while they still all want to go.

Business Member
    Here is a video that explains parallax https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ziKTDIMCig

As for aging eyes...

Most Leupold rifle scopes feature +2 to -2 diopter adjustment range. If your corrected or uncorrected optical prescription falls within this range, your reticle will be in focus. If your eye requires to ocular lens or ocular lens housing to be backed all the way out, no need to worry about the threads - the ocular lens/housing is held internally with a torqued lock ring. The lens/housing cannot be removed without disassembling the scope.

Regards,
    KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cycbb486's Avatar
    I know a few people have to sell and walk away from Leupold as they cannot adjust the ocular enough.

Sightron is the new brand of choice.

I am almost at that point......
    My house is PROTECTED by the good LORD and a GUN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Here is a video that explains parallax https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ziKTDIMCig

As for aging eyes...

Most Leupold rifle scopes feature +2 to -2 diopter adjustment range. If your corrected or uncorrected optical prescription falls within this range, your reticle will be in focus. If your eye requires to ocular lens or ocular lens housing to be backed all the way out, no need to worry about the threads - the ocular lens/housing is held internally with a torqued lock ring. The lens/housing cannot be removed without disassembling the scope.

Regards,
    KGL
    Thanks for the reply Korth.

What happens to a scope when parallax is abundant?
    What happens when the X’airs git thuh jitters at any distance?
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamlooky View Post
    Thanks for the reply Korth.

What happens to a scope when parallax is abundant?
    What happens when the X’airs git thuh jitters at any distance?
    Generally, your scope is either parallax free (where the reticle and target are on the same plane), or in parallax (reticle and target not on the same plane). When dealing with a lot of parallax, you'll most likely see erratic grouping that will worsen the as the margin increases or decreases from the parallax setting. Example - Leupold VX-3HD 4.5-14 (no side focus) factory parallax setting is 150 yards. If you attempt to shoot groups at 10 yards, you're probably going to have a difficult time. Going the opposite direction, grouping at 1000 yards might also prove difficult. For most hunting situations (which this example scope is designed for) any parallax error will be minor, and shouldn't impact a successful harvest.

As for a jittery reticle - more or less coffee may help...
    Our attempt at humor aside, the reticle might appear to 'move' from a variety of possibilities; retile out of focus, parallax error, human input (heart beat, shaking, unstable shooting position); internally, the erector spring could be failing, or the erector system/reticle retention may need adjustment.

If you have concerns about the scope function, we can certainty give the optic a once-over.

KGL