Modern Sporter

Hey folks,

I forgot if these receivers originally came with pins. If my receiver doesn't have any takedown/pivot pins installed would any AR15 pins work? Or was the rear one proprietary? Just wondering how I should go about this.

Hey folks,

I forgot if these receivers originally came with pins. If my receiver doesn't have any takedown/pivot pins installed would any AR15 pins work? Or was the rear one proprietary? Just wondering how I should go about this.

The rear is proprietary fixed where upper sits in place. Front is of your choosing.

I need a rear pin where could I get one?

I read somewhere that a standard rear AR pin can work.

Everybody is correct!

Up to... I don't recall at exactly which point, maybe serial #1000 or #1500, that we started drilling a rear hole to allow standard AR rear pins to be used, this was done for people wanting to use stylish pins. The sporter however is a different animal than an AR15, it was not designed from an AR15, and as a bi-product, the distance for that rear spring and detent is not the same. It requires a detent, a spring, and then another detent behind it. In place of a second detent you can use basically anything that will fit in its place but not too tightly. Basically anything about 3/8" long and smaller in diameter than 3/32". Ideally, another detent.

Back
Top Bottom