Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter

CGN Regular
    Yes, the ejection port is big enough. Just launched a ton of lead this weekend with mine.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by vkyle91x View Post
    Isn’t the modern spotter prohibited now?
    Nope many are still in use and since it is not included in the OIC it is not banned.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    FRT isn’t binding by law, it wasn’t in the OIC so it is NR.
    The Maccabee defence slr was not mentioned in the OIC ban yet is prohibited, don’t belive me I will gladly send you the clarification email the public saftey office sent me. Sad fact is if your seen with these rifles by a peace officer your getting cuffed and charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgraf View Post
    The Maccabee defence slr was not mentioned in the OIC ban yet is prohibited, don’t belive me I will gladly send you the clarification email the public saftey office sent me. Sad fact is if your seen with these rifles by a peace officer your getting cuffed and charged.
    Doesn't matter what the liberal public office says, if it wasn't mentioned by name in the OIC and is only "prohib" by FRT it is not legally binding, already confirmed by a federal judge, and is why you won't be seeing anyone charged with owning or using a firearm banned only by FRT, and if it did happen the crown would lose in court, which is another reason they won't charge anyone, because then it would be confirmed by the courts and the RCMP and Gov couldn't use the fear of prosecution anymore.
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - GOA

"Lex iniusta non est lex" - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    Doesn't matter what the liberal public office says, if it wasn't mentioned by name in the OIC and is only "prohib" by FRT it is not legally binding, already confirmed by a federal judge, and is why you won't be seeing anyone charged with owning or using a firearm banned only by FRT, and if it did happen the crown would lose in court, which is another reason they won't charge anyone, because then it would be confirmed by the courts and the RCMP and Gov couldn't use the fear of prosecution anymore.

Where would I look to find more information about this confirmation from a federal judge, this is the first I’m hearing of this.

Question

I think this is what Ian Runkle would call a "legally interesting question" which is to say...a horrifically expensive way to prove that you're right.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    I think only the first batch of SS had the bigger ejection port.
    True. I saw one at the range. Feed fine.. while back of course.

So if I create a new gun tomorrow that functions like an ar15 and uses all ar15 parts. But has a new name that is not listed in the oic. You think it would be legal?…

The names listed are a list of some examples based on the law wording itself. The list itself is not inclusive

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    So if I create a new gun tomorrow that functions like an ar15 and uses all ar15 parts. But has a new name that is not listed in the oic. You think it would be legal?…

The names listed are a list of some examples based on the law wording itself. The list itself is not inclusive

That would depend whether its an AR-15 or a new/uncategorized rifle design.
    If its an AR-15 its prohib, if it's a new design you'll have to send it to the fire arms lab and wait a few months-years for the RCMP to make up their mind.
    ATRS sent a new design to the lab that the RCMP officially said was not an AR-15 variant, so therefore it gets a different classification and isn't affected by AR-15 classification.

The “FRT isn’t law guy’s” sure disappear fast when you ask for any legitimate eveidence that you can still use the firearm other than there own legal opinion.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast