CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Modern Sporter

  1. #61
    CGN Regular Vewdu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Central ON
    Posts
    309
    Is there anything chance there would be any technical data packages that could be released to the public?
    Last edited by Vewdu; 06-20-2022 at 08:09 PM.

  2. #62
    CGN Regular Humblepie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis.G.Stade View Post
    just modify the sporter so it doesn't mate with the current models name it something else and make more? as long as it doesn't tie to a current r or prohibited then it falls under nr. since you don't need to send it to the rcmp lab being domestic and non exportable. am I wrong? let me know.
    I've heard that the prosecution has duct taped uppers to lowers, to see if they can get a single round fired. With those types of shenanigans allowed in the courts, then who knows what the outcomes will be.

  3. #63
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    B.C. Interior
    Posts
    741
    Every time I read Alberta Tactical posts I'm impressed. Every time I shoot his rifles I'm amazed...….which is all but my lever rifles. Otherwise they built or tuned every one. Thank you Rick! Please don't ever give up.
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

  4. #64
    Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    calgary alberta
    Posts
    7,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Humblepie View Post
    I've heard that the prosecution has duct taped uppers to lowers, to see if they can get a single round fired. With those types of shenanigans allowed in the courts, then who knows what the outcomes will be.
    It was the SFSS/RCMp that played that game on us when we designed a single shot lower for the Ferret 50 cal upper. Similar lower to what we did for the DA50's that Canada Ammo was selling.
    They actually used tape to secure an AR upper to our 50 cal lower and concluded that it could discharge 1 round. The mere fact that the bolt assembly would then be lodged in the skull of the shooter was moot.
    My belief now is regardless what we design and manufacture, the SFSS will still deem it prohibited just out of spite.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

    Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

    Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

    http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

  5. #65
    Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    calgary alberta
    Posts
    7,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    Every time I read Alberta Tactical posts I'm impressed. Every time I shoot his rifles I'm amazed...….which is all but my lever rifles. Otherwise they built or tuned every one. Thank you Rick! Please don't ever give up.
    Thanks for the kind words J, it means alot!!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

    Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

    Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

    http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

  6. #66
    CGN Regular pzkmpfw14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    It was the SFSS/RCMp that played that game on us when we designed a single shot lower for the Ferret 50 cal upper. Similar lower to what we did for the DA50's that Canada Ammo was selling.
    They actually used tape to secure an AR upper to our 50 cal lower and concluded that it could discharge 1 round. The mere fact that the bolt assembly would then be lodged in the skull of the shooter was moot.
    My belief now is regardless what we design and manufacture, the SFSS will still deem it prohibited just out of spite.
    Thats insane that they can do that and label a gun prohibited. The RCMP and the SFSS are absolutely atrocious.

  7. #67
    CGN Regular Marlon94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    It was the SFSS/RCMp that played that game on us when we designed a single shot lower for the Ferret 50 cal upper. Similar lower to what we did for the DA50's that Canada Ammo was selling.
    They actually used tape to secure an AR upper to our 50 cal lower and concluded that it could discharge 1 round. The mere fact that the bolt assembly would then be lodged in the skull of the shooter was moot.
    My belief now is regardless what we design and manufacture, the SFSS will still deem it prohibited just out of spite.
    I wish there was a video of this. It's almost too comical to be believable. almost.

  8. #68
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by pzkmpfw14 View Post
    Thats insane that they can do that and label a gun prohibited. The RCMP and the SFSS are absolutely atrocious.
    This is why 2a exists in the states, and needs to exist here

    This country is ####ed in terms of firearms laws

  9. #69
    CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Red deer
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    This is why 2a exists in the states, and needs to exist here

    This country is ####ed in terms of firearms laws
    The word use of LAW .. is a little ridiculous
    Call it LEGAL USE FIREARMS restrictions , it's far more accurate

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •