Modern Sporter

jechlu

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi guys,

Question. I would love to build a 458 socom but do you know if your MS's ejection port is large enough and if theframe can handle the thumb?.

The modern sporter is affected by the ban, check the armalytics for the current FRT.

OP should build his rifle regardless of status if that’s what he wishes, I mean if it’s non restricted who’s going to know.

I remember this being brought up before, if I recall the answer was yes, the ejection port was large enough. I would spend some time and read through the build questions thread you can find under ATRS on here.

I remember this being brought up before, if I recall the answer was yes, the ejection port was large enough. I would spend some time and read through the build questions thread you can find under ATRS on here.

Or, you could just phone on Monday and ask them.

FRT isn’t binding by law, it wasn’t in the OIC so it is NR.

The Maccabee defence slr was not mentioned in the OIC ban yet is prohibited, don’t belive me I will gladly send you the clarification email the public saftey office sent me. Sad fact is if your seen with these rifles by a peace officer your getting cuffed and charged.

The Maccabee defence slr was not mentioned in the OIC ban yet is prohibited, don’t belive me I will gladly send you the clarification email the public saftey office sent me. Sad fact is if your seen with these rifles by a peace officer your getting cuffed and charged.

Doesn't matter what the liberal public office says, if it wasn't mentioned by name in the OIC and is only "prohib" by FRT it is not legally binding, already confirmed by a federal judge, and is why you won't be seeing anyone charged with owning or using a firearm banned only by FRT, and if it did happen the crown would lose in court, which is another reason they won't charge anyone, because then it would be confirmed by the courts and the RCMP and Gov couldn't use the fear of prosecution anymore.

Doesn't matter what the liberal public office says, if it wasn't mentioned by name in the OIC and is only "prohib" by FRT it is not legally binding, already confirmed by a federal judge, and is why you won't be seeing anyone charged with owning or using a firearm banned only by FRT, and if it did happen the crown would lose in court, which is another reason they won't charge anyone, because then it would be confirmed by the courts and the RCMP and Gov couldn't use the fear of prosecution anymore.

Where would I look to find more information about this confirmation from a federal judge, this is the first I’m hearing of this.

I think this is what Ian Runkle would call a "legally interesting question" which is to say...a horrifically expensive way to prove that you're right.

So if I create a new gun tomorrow that functions like an ar15 and uses all ar15 parts. But has a new name that is not listed in the oic. You think it would be legal?…

The names listed are a list of some examples based on the law wording itself. The list itself is not inclusive

So if I create a new gun tomorrow that functions like an ar15 and uses all ar15 parts. But has a new name that is not listed in the oic. You think it would be legal?…

The names listed are a list of some examples based on the law wording itself. The list itself is not inclusive

That would depend whether its an AR-15 or a new/uncategorized rifle design.
If its an AR-15 its prohib, if it's a new design you'll have to send it to the fire arms lab and wait a few months-years for the RCMP to make up their mind.
ATRS sent a new design to the lab that the RCMP officially said was not an AR-15 variant, so therefore it gets a different classification and isn't affected by AR-15 classification.

Back
Top Bottom