Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Defence WK180C Gen2 5.56mm 18.7" Non-Restricted

Very nice, hopefully all of the kinks of the first gen are worked out now, this should be a good seller

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Can we get a list of upgrades from the Gen 1? I was hoping to see a treated barrel, and improvements to reliability. Interesting development, it looks way better than Gen 1.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Super GunNutz
    At least it got a rear takedown pin and hopefully it takes away the pivoty rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    Can we get a list of upgrades from the Gen 1?
    Big Changes:
    • a non-reciprocating cocking handle;
    • a 15" handguard;
    • a standard AR-15 selector and trigger mechanism pins;
    • a more contoured lower receiver that allows beavertail pistol grips to be installed;
    • captive take down pins; (Standard AR-15)
    • an improved gas system; and
    • a bolt catch lever that comes standard.

There is nothing significantly different about the operation other than the non-reciprocating cocking handle. The non-reciprocating cocking handle means that the rifle no longer has a cocking handle slot on the right hand side of the rifle. There is also no longer a separate buttstock adaptor; the threads are machined into the lower receiver.

Important point: The WK180C and WK180C Gen 2 are cross-compatible (i.e., the upper of one can be put on the lower of the other) with one exception: the rear take down pin on the WK180C Gen 2 will not be able to be closed with the WK180C upper installed.

User Manual:
    https://kodiakdefence.com/documents/

CGN Regular
    Where are those wk180c available? I didn’t find any

Just noticed that True North arms is not on the list of dealers getting the first batch of wk-180 gen2s within next few days, it really ticks me off since placing an order on Feb 4th and now possibly not being able to get till June, it just shows that pre orders dont work at all in favor of the consumer, i would have NEVER placed an order knowing that!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Syxtus View Post
    Just noticed that True North arms is not on the list of dealers getting the first batch of wk-180 gen2s within next few days, it really ticks me off since placing an order on Feb 4th and now possibly not being able to get till June, it just shows that pre orders dont work at all in favor of the consumer, i would have NEVER placed an order knowing that!
    Until June? Why release the news before 2 months when it actually came.

CGN Regular
    They posted an announcement on 28 March, saying wk 180c gen2 will be available at dealers within 7 to 10 days. And today is 12 April.

So wouldn't that make it non-compatible?

Important point: The WK180C and WK180C Gen 2 are cross-compatible (i.e., the upper of one can be put on the lower of the other) with one exception: the rear take down pin on the WK180C Gen 2 will not be able to be closed with the WK180C upper installed.

User Manual:
    https://kodiakdefence.com/documents/[/QUOTE]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    One important additional change is an orientation retaining clip was added to the gas block. It should keep the gas block in alignment, even if the retaining screws loosen. An out alignment gas block on the prior model could cause the single piece op rod piston to eventually snap as it was torsioned further out of proper alignment, so this is an important fix if it works properly.

Is the gas block clip compatible with the Gen 1 gas block?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast