Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Defence WK180C Gen2 5.56mm 18.7" Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by n04x View Post
    Can't wait for review on this gun It looks so promising
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...2-Range-Report

CGN Regular
    I’d like to know if a2 handguards will work on these. I coulda sworn a CGNr had an m16 handguard on his first gen but I can’t track down who it was to ask what the process was like… hmmm. Pic attached
    https://i.postimg.cc/SN5PWywc/C94-AE...1101-ADBA4.jpg

From Owen at Kodiak:

The gas block set screws are staked in place. This has been constant from the outset. (See photo - they’re fairly consistent.)

The castle nut is also staked. We initially were staking differently but ditched that method after the first batch. This is possibly the issue he had? The previous method put a dimple on the rear of the end plate. We now go from the rim. (Previous method is less visible and should still hold; current way holds better. Again, photo is fairly representative; not cherry-picked.)

Regarding handguard screws: We have mitigated the jamming in place by throwing washers into the mix. We also use a torqued drill to install them now. They’re pretty consistent. I grabbed an Allen key and messed with some on the rack. They were all tight.

Last edited by North_Sylva; 04-16-2022 at 09:33 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    From Owen at Kodiak:

The gas block set screws are staked in place. This has been constant from the outset. (See photo - they’re fairly consistent.)

The castle nut is also staked. We initially were staking differently but ditched that method after the first batch. This is possibly the issue he had? The previous method put a dimple on the rear of the end plate. We now go from the rim. (Previous method is less visible and should still hold; current way holds better. Again, photo is fairly representative; not cherry-picked.)

Regarding handguard screws: We have mitigated the jamming in place by throwing washers into the mix. We also use a torqued drill to install them now. They’re pretty consistent. I grabbed an Allen key and messed with some on the rack. They were all tight.

Sooo yes or no on the a2 handguards? “Likely not” or should it work with some effort since the original polymer a2 handguards were pretty tall, which would accommodate the gas system?

Will there be any more out to retailers before the 18th of May?

Lookin good
    "Loyalty Above All Else Except Honour"

Last edited by North_Sylva; 09-21-2022 at 08:01 AM.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Steel receiver inserts on this or all alloy like gen 1?
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

you know what,i got one, first shot broke the piston. right now, the gas tube always loose, i have to use the locktite to keep it. otherwise it wont be blow back correctly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesanimal96 View Post
    you know what,i got one, first shot broke the piston. right now, the gas tube always loose, i have to use the locktite to keep it. otherwise it wont be blow back correctly.
    Classis Kodiak

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast