Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Infiltrating America: The Type 93 Chinese Assault Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Mine arrived today via helicopter. It out performs my phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Ya see what day this was posted ya numchucks.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    'Resource wars of the 2050's.' Very Orwellian. I see what you did there.

Why do we live in such a pussy country??? Today i was driving in a T55 tank civilian owned in Slovenia, a country of 2M people and you can legally buy an AK and AR anywhere with 30 rounds mags. And it is in EU folks. Get some nuts peeps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    some people are playing a trick and some are plunging lol. love it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post

The Type 93 Chinese assault rifle is a development of the Type 56 Kalashnikov, produced by the People's Liberation Army of the PRC. While the Type 93 designation suggests that the design originated in 1993, there is no evidence of production before the mid 2020s at the earliest.

Fundamentally, the Type 93 represents a shift towards a rifle more practical for hand-to-hand fighting, as ammunition supplies became scarcer and more expensive with the progression of the Resource Wars of the 2050s, 60s, and 70s. The barrel and has tube were reinforced, and a new RPD-style handguard added which provides a much better grip for bayonet fighting than previous Kalashnikov models used by the PLA/PRC. However, some changes were also made to improve the shooting effectiveness of the rifle, most notably moving the rear sight onto the receiver cover and extending the sight radius.

Perhaps the most unique feature of the TYpe 93 is that it was originally produced in 7.62x39mm, for domestic Chinese use. However, the models found in the United States (which come from the invasion of Anchorage as well as Chinese infiltration efforts in the Washington DC area) are all found in 5.56mm. This change was made to allow use of American ammunition, but limited industrial resources prevented the development of a new magazine by the time this adaptation took place. Instead, the existing 7.62 magazines were kludged to use 5.56mm cartridges, resulting in a capacity restricted to 24 rounds as the basically straight-walled 5.56x45 cartridge does not fit well in a magazine body designed for a more tapered case.

Many thanks to Elder Alex of the Brotherhood of Steel for giving me access to this rifle for today's Holotape!

Forgotten Weapons
    General Delivery
    Two Suns
    Arizona Wasteland
    What optics mount is available for this one? Tactical Imports keeps ignoring my question.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jason wade View Post
    What optics mount is available for this one? Tactical Imports keeps ignoring my question.
    Mine came with with a thermal optic

CGN Regular
    Mine came with an auto repeat button... Send all subsequent shots directly to the same impact point of the first. Next gen as f*@k

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jason wade View Post
    Who needs to mount a scope, you can just use VATS anyway...
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345