Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: QD Review - M+M M10X-Z DMR 7.62x39

I for one, could not care less about pointless comparisons between the M10X and the Type 81. Who honestly cares?? Calibre aside, they are apples and oranges and comparisons are therefore a waste of bandwidth.

What I REALLY want to know is what will be done to address the M10X Receivers that evidently had their Trunnions bored off-center? For an answer to that, we need the M+M Customer Service Rep back on here actively posting. Thanks to Wolverine for the window of opportunity on their sponsored forum. C'mon CGN - do the right thing for M10X owners and let them speak directly to the manufacturer so that we can get to the bottom of the rifle's issues!
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    For my perspective, M+M went up a couple of notches in my book.
    Wolverine went up several notches in my book,
    cgn went down a few notches, because instead of talking to Wolverine, they just twittered the place and deleted everything they didn't like.

Just my perspective. I get that other people pay to be on here, and it's not fair that a company not paying should promote products, but that's not AT ALL what was happening here. I think we were making progress, then down comes the ban hammer. Just my $.02 and I don't pay to be here so take it with a grain of salt.
    I agree.

I think CGN handled it incorrectly. I didn't see that the M+M poster was stepping on anyone's toes and wasn't being anything but helpful. So if a business doesn't want a membership, they can't post but 1000s of trolls and bot accounts can? Seems weird to me.

Now all the progress that was being made communication wise has been set back again.

How is it pointless? Besides the difference between long stroke and short stroke recoil everything is almost the same. Except the type 81 works and the M10X sometimes does if you use the right ammo and mag combination. Luckily the M10X is far more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible_E View Post
    It didn't, that's the whole point. Never got more than 3 rounds off in a row. I don't need to justify what there is ample evidence for. You want to make the extraordinary claim that the M10X is as good as the Type 81 you need to provide the evidence for your argument.
    Oh, I never said ‘the m10x is as good as the Type 81’ - that’s too general a comment for me to make, and I’m cautious with my words.

My m10x is more accurate then my Type 81 - likely because I can mount an optic.

In the interest of science I’ve measured my m10x from the outside of the hand-guard to the center of the barrel with a digital caliper depth gauge. The barrel is in fact skewed to the right approximately .23mm. It’s always run a red dot, so we mounted some irons to see what that would look like, the rear iron is drifted slightly to the left- That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Oh, I never said ‘the m10x is as good as the Type 81’ - that’s too general a comment for me to make, and I’m cautious with my words.

My m10x is more accurate then my Type 81 - likely because I can mount an optic.

In the interest of science I’ve measured my m10x from the outside of the hand-guard to the center of the barrel with a digital caliper depth gauge. The barrel is in fact skewed to the right approximately .23mm. It’s always run a red dot, so we mounted some irons to see what that would look like, the rear iron is drifted slightly to the left- That would make sense.
    You 100% said that the M10X would outshoot a Type 81. How you don't equte that to better.....I don't understand because the purpose of a rifle is to shoot bullets.

You can put an optic on both the M10X and the Type 81 so I am not sure why you keep bringing up optics as a point of discussion.

You 100% said that the M10X would outshoot a Type 81. How you don't equte that to better.....I don't understand because the purpose of a rifle is to shoot bullets.

You can put an optic on both the M10X and the Type 81 so I am not sure why you keep bringing up optics as a point of discussion.
    My exact quote for you:

“… and will outshoot my 81’s easily, likely because I can mount optics…”

Better can mean reliability, weight, color, flammability, craftsmanship, dimensions, etc. - it all depends what better means to someone.
    Last edited by JeffMan; 04-14-2022 at 01:40 PM.

I’ve got a t81 with a Russian optic mounted but I’ve not had it out yet. Maybe it will be as accurate as my m10x now. The mounting system won’t accommodate my red dot and a magnifier tho - so that’s not good as it’s my preferred setup. Edit to add, the optic pate on the T81 has rendered the safety nearly useless as well - it is quite stiff.

My exact quote for you:

“… and will outshoot my 81’s easily, likely because I can mount optics…”

Better can mean reliability, weight, color, flammability, craftsmanship, dimensions, etc. - it all depends what better means to someone.
    Rifles are designed to shoot bullets so its not some fanciful pie in the sky select whichever category of unicorn farts you want for comparison sake. You're not even addressing the points I'm raising. You're picking small bits of semantics to argue over instead of addressing the issue, pretty sure thats called a strawman argument.

When it comes to comparing what these two machines were designed to do, fire bullets, the Type 81 is clearly superior. So did you want to try and refute my statement or will you go back to arguing irrelevant points that don't address what we are talking about.
    Last edited by Terrible_E; 04-14-2022 at 02:17 PM.

I’ve got a t81 with a Russian optic mounted but I’ve not had it out yet. Maybe it will be as accurate as my m10x now. The mounting system won’t accommodate my red dot and a magnifier tho - so that’s not good as it’s my preferred setup. Edit to add, the optic pate on the T81 has rendered the safety nearly useless as well - it is quite stiff.
    If you can't shoot well with irons you aren't going to shoot well with an optic. There are people who can hit at 1000yrds with iron sights. Go take a Mapleseed course if you don't believe me.

If you can't shoot well with irons you aren't going to shoot well with an optic. There are people who can hit at 1000yrds with iron sights. Go take a Mapleseed course if you don't believe me.
    Not with my eyes. I’m not old but my astigmatism is troublesome. I barely qualify with irons. I shoot much better with optics.

I don’t think it’s a “unicorn quality” to be able to mount Mlok stuff to a rifle, have lots of rail space, a nice trigger, and a threaded muzzle. Certainly a functioning safety isn’t one of those unicorn qualities - or is that just Symantec’s?

Enjoy your T81, it’s a fine rifle. I enjoy mine.

I’m not really sure what you and I are arguing about anyways.