Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: QD Review - M+M M10X-Z DMR 7.62x39

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Have you heard back from M+M re the barrel alignment issue? I appear to have a similar issue with mine.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

That Barrel alignment issue is what would concern me the most were I the owner of one of these trouble-prone firearms. Wow - I am simply amazed that such rifles passed through whatever M+M does for post-assembly/pre-shipping QC inspections. That is very telling in and of itself! I am personally a loooong ways away from purchasing an M10X based on that video and owner comments both here and elsewhere. More's the pity, as it has terrific potential as an interesting amalgam of various designs, and is chambered in a calibre that is under-represented in terms of ccompeting platforms chambered in the same 7.62x39mm calibre. I'd really like to like this rifle, but in its present state of reliability I simply cannot.

Pass, do not consider, even in moments of weakness...
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    That Barrel alignment issue is what would concern me the most were I the owner of one of these trouble-prone firearms. Wow - I am simply amazed that such rifles passed through whatever M+M does for post-assembly/pre-shipping QC inspections. That is very telling in and of itself! I am personally a loooong ways away from purchasing an M10X based on that video and owner comments both here and elsewhere. More's the pity, as it has terrific potential as an interesting amalgam of various designs, and is chambered in a calibre that is under-represented in terms of ccompeting platforms chambered in the same 7.62x39mm calibre. I'd really like to like this rifle, but in its present state of reliability I simply cannot.

Pass, do not consider, even in moments of weakness...
    Yep, agreed. I REALLY like the concept, and really want to like this rifle, but failure to make sure the barrel aligns with the handguard is... well, a pretty fundamental failure. I haven't heard back from M+M re my rifle yet. The other issues are concerning as well, but the barrel... sheesh.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis

Lol imagine spending $2k+ for this junk. Welcome to Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    YouTuber GNutzGuy has posted how to measure if an M10x has a bent/deviated barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by GNutzGuy on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    YouTuber GNutzGuy has posted how to measure if an M10x has a bent/deviated barrel.
    Yep, I did something similar to measure the deviation of mine. My rifle's barrel is off to the right by about the same amount his is. I suspect the threads on the barrels or more likely the receivers were manufactured at a slight angle, which resulted in this problem when the rifles were assembled. I'm betting that his, Wolverine's, and mine are NOT the only three.

EDITED TO ADD:
    After pulling my upper apart, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. The barrel threads into the steel upper receiver. My barrel/upper receiver install appears to be fine, but when you lay the steel upper receiver on a flat surface, the barrel is canted to the right 1-2mm at the gas block. As everything APPEARS fine at the point where the barrel and upper receiver meet, I think the threads milled into the receiver for the barrel to screw into are canted slightly, resulting in the problem I see.

The one-piece aluminum 'shell' that includes the picatinny top rail and handguard slides onto rails on the outside of the steel receiver. The tolerances between this shell and the steel upper receiver are not particularly tight, which is is something I would NOT see as a positive, as it allows potential movement between the shell (where the frigging SIGHTS are mounted) and the receiver where the barrel is mounted.

As a result of these loose tolerances, by loosening the grub screw and pushing the barrel to the left, it is possible to adjust the position of the barrel within the handguard and re-tighten it, which I did. This doesn't FIX the problem of the barrel not being in line with the upper receiver, but does allow the barrel to more-or-less end up aligned with the optic rails. There will still be some left-to-right discrepancies between POI at various ranges, but this should help.

So, the loose tolerances between the upper steel receiver and aluminum 'shell' are sort of a feature, for rifles with ####ty quality control and off-line barrels, as it allows you to force the aluminum shell to closer match the crooked barrel.

What M+M SHOULD do as a design change, if they can manage to get their barrels in straight,is tighten the tolerances between the steel receiver and aluminum upper, press-fit the two together, and permanently pin them together. This would result in more consistent accuracy.
    Last edited by CobraGT; 04-13-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Not good. Nothing is actually "bent", rather I suspect that the Barrel Hole or Threading was misaligned during the manufacture of a batch of Upper Receivers. Those Receivers are going to have to be replaced under Warranty. Best of luck to the owners of the Gen 2 M10Xs with misaligned Barrels.....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Why would you post a video with a turkey like this, or is it a buyer beware production.

What a piece of junk. Although the one owned was a unicorn and worked flawlessly with mags it wanted to run, I am glad I sold it.

I’ve been holding off leaving my experience with the M10x. Let’s rewind a couple months back, I like a fool bought a used first gen M10x (was a really good price). First time bringing it out I had nothing but issues, light primer strikes, failure to eject and the hammer sticking after each shot. I contacted M+M industries, they promptly responded and let me know what they thought was needed to rectify the issues at hand. I had to purchase a new trigger group (hammer/trigger/trigger spring) as well as a new firing pin (gun was long off warranty). I have since received all said parts and changed them out, the gun runs flawless now and is a absolute treat to shoot, it’s actually very accurate and has shot all types of ammo I’ve thrown at it. Moral of my storey is that these rifles “Can” be great but unfortunately the quality control of M+M doesn’t seem up to par and they get a bad rep because of it.