Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: QD Review - M+M M10X-Z DMR 7.62x39

Interesting first outing Bartok5

I only use pmags, Barnaul, and gas setting 1 - not a single failure in 200-300

I had failures with the Norinco Red Box - always the same for the five rounds I tried; The rifle would fire the round, eject it, but fail to pick up the next round. Likely because the bolt was not coming back far enough. I suspect gas setting 2 may have fixed things for Norinco ammo but I just swapped back to what had been working instead of changing anything (mostly due to the fact that my gas block was very hot and it would have burned me)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post

CobraGT, did you manage to get your barrel straight?
    Thanks the the grub screw, the barrel is now centered between the handguard where it clears the handguard, but it is of course still canted where it is screwed into the receiver. This should help with consistency a bit, if the grub screw keeps everything in place, which I doubt. Adjusting the geometry of the aluminum shell in relation to the barrel and receiver is akin to treating a symptom, not actually addressing the problem.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    Thanks the the grub screw, the barrel is now centered between the handguard where it clears the handguard, but it is of course still canted where it is screwed into the receiver. This should help with consistency a bit, if the grub screw keeps everything in place, which I doubt. Adjusting the geometry of the aluminum shell in relation to the barrel and receiver is akin to treating a symptom, not actually addressing the problem.
    Just jumped to the last page and saw this.

My one and only complaint with the rifle was the way the barrel was centered in the handguard. If someone can produce a solution or better yet, the design gets changed to lock the barrel to the handguard without the one set screw holding it all together I'd definitely be down for another one.

Now to go through all the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    I don't think the screw will be sufficient to hold everything in place during recoil.

Someone needs to be the first person to disassemble, and JB weld the barrel and steel receiver in the exoskeleton.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Issues like this should not be happening with a modern platform. I had an xcr-l in 7.62x39 (and people loved to bash the xcr) that chewed up and spit out consistently whatever I fed it. Found a couple mags it didn't like but that was the extent of the issues I had with it.

I really like the M10X and think it has potential but I simply can't see myself putting money out for one until they get it right.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by trap666 View Post
    Wow...are these made in North Korea ? lol
    If this is true, are we indirectly supporting North Korea via the purchase of firearms?

My experience as well.

Rifle on a front rest, 8x scope, 4-6" groups at 100yds regardless of ammo. Always fun when I'd shoot anything without a milspec primer and get some nice 2-3rd bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    My experience as well.

Rifle on a front rest, 8x scope, 4-6" groups at 100yds regardless of ammo. Always fun when I'd shoot anything without a milspec primer and get some nice 2-3rd bursts.
    They've well over compensated for that problem; the spring loaded firing pin is very stiff and some people have continuous light primer strikes. CobraGT had to trim his firing pin spring down by a coil (if I'm not mistaken)

Hey wolverine just curious if there are any updates or follow up on the gun?

Thanks!

I am curious is M+M will acknowledge their quality control is questionable at best, and their design is not perfect and therefore should be tweaked accordingly until it is. It would be nice if they released a video with a list of the most notable concerns over their product, and how they plan on addressing these issues with future models, and, how to decipher when those fixes would be implemented. A short handguard and a different colour to the bolt doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies that I have the newest version with fixes implemented.