FINALLY, a replacement option for the factory X-Bolt rotary mags

ATRS Shaun

Business Member Rep.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FINALLY, a replacement option for the factory X-Bolt rotary mags.

browning_bdm2.jpg

CNC machined from 7075 aluminum, our new Browning X-Bolt detachable bottom metal (DBM) utilizes the AICS/Accurate/MDT mag platform that has been the gold standard for reliability for years.
All edges have been radiused for a smooth feel to protect the operators hands. The trigger guard has been enlarged for use with gloves and the mag release is located inside the trigger guard.
We currently offer our X-Bolt DBM for short action only but have a long action version in development.
We have kept tolerances tight in the magwell in order to fit the metal AICS/Accurate platform mags very snug and eliminate the rattle you find in some DBM kits that utilize these mags.
If you are using polymer AICS style mags you may need to sand the mag slightly in order to fit in the magwell.

These DBM are a DROP-IN replacement for the factory DBM inlet. NO MODIFICATION TO YOUR STOCK REQUIRED!!

Comes with a replacement rear action screw but utilizes the factory front action screw.

The price is $650, and includes one Accurate/MDT magazine.

• CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum
  • Hard Anodized finish
  • No sharp edges
  • Drop-in for factory inlet, no modification to stock required
  • Employs AICS/Accurate/MDT metal mags
  • Mag release located inside trigger guard
  • Currently only available for short action Browning X-Bolt
  • Tight tolerances for snug fitting mag
  • Compatible with aftermarket triggers
  • CANADIAN MADE!!

Man, this would have been the greatest thing when I had my xbolt. Never was a fan of the rotary magazines or their price… this is going to be a big ticket item I’d wager.

I see that this is for the short actions, but does it fit the 6.5 prc calibre? And if so how much room is there for the guys that like to seat their bullets long?

I think you would still be maxed out with the mag length (2.950") for the WSM/PRC mags, unless you built off the med or long action. There are no med action mags as of yet, but I'm sure someone is working on it.

I think you would still be maxed out with the mag length (2.950") for the WSM/PRC mags, unless you built off the med or long action. There are no med action mags as of yet, but I'm sure someone is working on it.

Correct. Max inside of an Accurate metal mag is 2.90", the MDT metal mag is 2.960". According to my caliper. :)

OMG, i had to check 2x to see if this was an April fools joke. I have skipped over Browning's line up due to proprietary mags, this could definitely change that!

That looks really nice. I actually really like the factory mags on a hunting rifle, but my own X-Bolt is a Max Long Range and I would much prefer this set up on that rifle.

Cool Idea, but initial purchase cost is a bit too high. I could go through 6 to 10 mags for the same price. This is 1/3rd the price of the rifle.

The price should honestly be higher, as they are extremely awkward to machine to be a drop in and the production time is quite lengthy.

Look up HS Precision bottom metal kits, and they are a drop in for Remington, far simpler to machine the bottom metal, and they are $660.

A quick google of Badger Ordnance M5 bottom metal canada brings up Firearms Outlet Canada (good guys btw) for $619.99, it is a much simpler bottom metal to manufacture with flats and it requires paying someone to permanently modifying your stock to only ever accept their bottom metal.

Back
Top Bottom