black box customs undeclared shady business policy

Thread: black box customs undeclared shady business policy

Tags: None
  1. combatshotgun said:

black box customs undeclared shady business policy

Ordered a uncontrolled small part, got some bull#### email about sending my pal and birthdate. policy was not mentioned anywhere on their website.
    just thought I'd let people know so they can be informed and decide whether or not to support this company.

They seemed nice enough on the tele, but I shouldn't have ever had to call in the first place had they been honest about their policies.

Last edited by combatshotgun; 04-06-2022 at 02:52 PM.

B said:
    Businesses need to figure something out that doesn't involve customers doing something stupid like creating and sending digital copies of ID.

mildot said:
    Why not just call? I've done lots of business with them and they are, well in my experience, very customer orientated and customer friendly. Maybe they had some online fraud, like Wolverine did with "high' end scopes?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"
  4. combatshotgun said:
    I ordered a $50 part and sent the funds via emt immediately, no fraud there. so if that's their policy they should state it openly. PROOF OF PAL NEEDED FOR ALL GUN PARTS should be stated on their website. It would save people alot of headaches and also lose them alot of business thats why they don't post it and that's why I'm bitching about it.

infidel29 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by combatshotgun View Post
    I ordered a $50 part and sent the funds via emt immediately, no fraud there. so if that's their policy they should state it openly. PROOF OF PAL NEEDED FOR ALL GUN PARTS should be stated on their website. It would save people alot of headaches and also lose them alot of business thats why they don't post it and that's why I'm bitching about it.
    Yup, i agree with you. Im not providing ID to buy a machined part unless its a serialed reciever. No different than a damn hammer IMO. I'd call them and refuse over the phone were I in your shoes.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan
  6. combatshotgun said:
    I called and said I want to cancel the order because of the email i received, they said "so you don't want to provide your pal?" I said no cancel it and they said ok.
  7. Ribstaylor said:
    Umm how is this shady? If a store wants a pal for gun parts so be it. The liberals have all ready stated they plan to make parts and magazines require a pal. Some stores just seem ahead of the curb on this. If you don't like it just cancel. Doesn't make them shady.

Vewdu said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Umm how is this shady? If a store wants a pal for gun parts so be it. The liberals have all ready stated they plan to make parts and magazines require a pal. Some stores just seem ahead of the curb on this. If you don't like it just cancel. Doesn't make them shady.
    This. Too many clowns think that PAL number is some kind of Top Secret document. It's a way to ensure #1 that your customer is legit and #2 prevent you from being held liable in the case they are building ghost guns, or whatever else. We all know at this point the government bends and changes laws when they feel like to suit their needs.

Black box is one of the very few gun companies in Canada that I can say without a shadow of doubt, I whole heartedly trust, both in service and craftsmanship. Get real OP.

B said:
    There is a difference between providing your PAL number and sending a copy of the card itself. They seem to want a copy.
  10. SomebodyTookMyName said:
    Try to look at it from a dealer's point of view maybe...

Fraud is a very real thing. One site sponsor (whom I previously worked for) lost over $25,000 in high end optics to online order fraud in one year. It's hard to blame them for trying to cover their butts.

The PAL is an easy way of securely verifying someone's identity and preventing fraud. I can totally understand how it might be view as an overreach or invasion of privacy, but understand that if there's ANYONE else who has a vested interest in keeping firearms legal and avoiding further government entanglement in our lifestyle, it's the retailers who make a living selling guns and ammo...
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.