Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: black box customs undeclared shady business policy

Thank you OP for flagging this.

I've never personally dealt with BBC but I have heard and seen nothing but amazing work from them and personally I understand their policy.
    But really, I'm just here for the lolz

I ordered a muzzle brake from them and no pal required.
    My only complaint was I waited 6 months for a left hand thread brake for my Glock but not there fault. They actually called me when it came in to make sure I ordered it.
    First time customer and with the service I received would do business again!

Quote Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
    Black box is now on my blacklist.
    We all have options, as I have recently purchased a OZ9C, 2 glock 19's that I had mill work and cerakote work done to both, had 2 dlask 10/22's sent there for cerakote work also. I had my local store deal with all of this for me, at NO extra charge except for the shipping of the 10/22's. The other 3 guns where purchased from Black Box, but from my local store first. Yes they do great work. However I appreciate the heads up as I will never purchase or do business with them again. Its a shame as there cerakote work is Good. IF THEY WANT THIS INFO, THEY ARE PROBABLY CONFIRMING YOUR PAL INFO WITH CFC. GREAT JOB HELPING WITH A NEW REGISTRY FOR PARTS.. FLAME AWAY. JUST MY OPINION AND MY $$ not SPENT HELPING. Looks like they must have hired a great new manager!!

Verifing a PAL is done online by dealer and do not require to disclose nature of purchases.
    You provided all your infos including PAL # for your gun purchase so what is the BIG problem to do so for custom work ?
    You are kidding yourself if you think your local shop done all that for free. You paid for in the price of the gun or other goodies.
    Nobody stay in business by doing free work..you don’t see it, but you paid for it.

On top of it, with current politics ..it’s a good thing for all, that dealer make sure parts and work they do , do not end up on a ‘street gun’, and only legitimate gun owner use their services and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock123 View Post
    We all have options, as I have recently purchased a OZ9C, 2 glock 19's that I had mill work and cerakote work done to both, had 2 dlask 10/22's sent there for cerakote work also. I had my local store deal with all of this for me, at NO extra charge except for the shipping of the 10/22's. The other 3 guns where purchased from Black Box, but from my local store first. Yes they do great work. However I appreciate the heads up as I will never purchase or do business with them again. Its a shame as there cerakote work is Good. IF THEY WANT THIS INFO, THEY ARE PROBABLY CONFIRMING YOUR PAL INFO WITH CFC. GREAT JOB HELPING WITH A NEW REGISTRY FOR PARTS.. FLAME AWAY. JUST MY OPINION AND MY $$ not SPENT HELPING. Looks like they must have hired a great new manager!!
    Your local store did milling work and cerakote on your guns for free?? Hmmm. Are they running a business or charity? I suspected there are only 4 scenarios. It is either a charity store, a business but they are crazy, a business but they are running a promotion, or they already built in the service into the price. Nothing is free. You get what you pay. However, what is the point of mentioning the "free" service that you got from your local store on this thread? It has nothing to do with the OP complaint which is about PAL requirement when buying gun parts. Not unless you wanted to flame BBC regardless. And what do you think with gun businesses if they all giving away free milling and cerakote work? They will not last eventually.

On the side note, can you PM me the name of your local store so that everyone here can take advantage? Even if you are not sure if they still do it or not, it is okay. Just share the name of the store. If you can't share it, or if the "free" service that you received is not repeatable to other customers then it is pointless. It is like saying you got free happy ending from a masseuse at a massage parlour that you can't share. Might as well say you saw a unicorn in the backyard last night where no one else is around and you didn't take photo.

You are correct. We all have options. So please do share by PM the name of your local store that giving away "free" mill and cerakote work.

I also disagree of stores asking PAL for gun parts, BUT I will not cancel them completely especially if they do specialized kind of work that I can benefit from.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Regular
    Not sure why this is such a big deal? We all abide by the law here and unless things are being used for nefarious reasons, I don't see a huge issue in providing that info. I've dealt with BBC for various things - purchase, cerakoting and warranty work for an item not purchased from them. They've always been amazing on comms and while there is a wait for some things, they have always come through. I would not hesitate to do business with them again and recommend them to all my friends.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Your local store did milling work and cerakote on your guns for free?? Hmmm. Are they running a business or charity? I suspected there are only 4 scenarios. It is either a charity store, a business but they are crazy, a business but they are running a promotion, or they already built in the service into the price. Nothing is free. You get what you pay. However, what is the point of mentioning the "free" service that you got from your local store on this thread? It has nothing to do with the OP complaint which is about PAL requirement when buying gun parts. Not unless you wanted to flame BBC regardless. And what do you think with gun businesses if they all giving away free milling and cerakote work? They will not last eventually.

On the side note, can you PM me the name of your local store so that everyone here can take advantage? Even if you are not sure if they still do it or not, it is okay. Just share the name of the store. If you can't share it, or if the "free" service that you received is not repeatable to other customers then it is pointless. It is like saying you got free happy ending from a masseuse at a massage parlour that you can't share. Might as well say you saw a unicorn in the backyard last night where no one else is around and you didn't take photo.

You are correct. We all have options. So please do share by PM the name of your local store that giving away "free" mill and cerakote work.

I also disagree of stores asking PAL for gun parts, BUT I will not cancel them completely especially if they do specialized kind of work that I can benefit from.
    No on point for the OP and purpose of thread
    BUT
    I think he is saying he used his local store as a proxy for dealing with Blackbox (ie never has directly) and his local store did "brokerage/negotiations" for free

Quote Originally Posted by Black Box Customs View Post
    Sorry for the wake up call folks. If these parts end up in criminals hands with reckless abandon, it will fast track those types of policies regardless. We aren't going to stand here and do nothing and give the government more ammunition to push these types of regulations and legislations forward.
    So your plan to keep the government from forcing this type of regulation and legislation is by implementing it on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    So your plan to keep the government from forcing this type of regulation and legislation is by implementing it on your own?
    The governments plan will be to require a PAL for any purchase from a simple spring to a complete trigger assembly. Their plan is to ask one time for your PAL when you try and buy certain parts that they have seen routinely being purchased to help complete 3D printed firearms. This government is doing everything it can to take this hobby away from all of us let’s not give them more reasons to.