Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: black box customs undeclared shady business policy

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBrauckmann View Post
    We don't close the gap. If the government wants to pass laws and restrict access to certain things, then thats on them to ensure it happens, not private businesses. If the government wants to mandate that businesses check PALs for every firearm related purchase then so be it - its going to happen eventually in this country. BBC is taking matters into their own hands to subvert the manufacture of illegal firearms by requiring verification of certain purchases, that's their policy and its fine. I and many others will not be supporting a businesses that curtails efforts to make access to firearms by peaceful people more restricted.
    Let's remove the government it is a vendor/client issue. We work to close the gap or a) we lose supply of certain products b) we lose a vendor cause we vote with our wallet

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Let's remove the government it is a vendor/client issue. We work to close the gap or a) we lose supply of certain products b) we lose a vendor cause we vote with our wallet
    Personally I'm happy to lose a vendor that works to further restrict firearm ownership.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    First time I placed an online order for gun parts from RDSC I got a phone call asking for a PAL or RPAL number. The guy on the phone was polite in explaining their reasoning for checking that the parts were going to a licensed individual and assumed me that no records would be kept. I explained that I was driving truck and couldn't pull off to check my license and give him the info but I did tell him my number based off my memory. He said that was good enough to satisfy him that I did indeed have a license. Within about 2 minutes of hanging up my phone beeped that I had an email notification. It was my shipping notification. I doubt he even called it in to verify in that timeframe. Sometimes a quick phone call is enough to feel out the legitimacy of the buyer.

I had zero issue with being questioned, mainly because the way it happened assured me there was no additional risk to me. Subsequent orders all went through without any issues as I suspect they have a way of simply adding a note or something to the account that lets them know all is good.

I do however have a huge issue with companies requiring emailed photos of additional documents such as drivers licenses etc.. as there is no way of guaranteeing where these electronic correspondences end up. My privacy is more important to me than a dealers needy feeling to aquire personal information that's not legally necessary and/or not done in a way that guarantees my privacy/safety.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Personally I'm happy to lose a vendor that works to further restrict unlawful firearm ownership.
    Fixed it?

Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    A Pal should ONLY be Required For Restricted - Prohibited Firearms Purchases only - NOTHING Else ! jmo RJ

The Plastic PAL Card is still not gonna change a BAD person into a GOOD person !
    This kind of thing makes me worried for our community if someone who(presumably) has their Pal/Rpal but doesn't know that it is obviously required for non-restricted firearms as well... not only does a store need to check your Pal to be valid when buying a non-restricted firearm, but also an individual in a private sale as the obligation to confirm a valid Pal when selling a non-restricted...

I'm not trying to throw you under the bus Jim and I'm honestly assuming you do know the above but were trying to make the point of actual gun sales vs parts but what you did say was factually incorrect.

The "Plastic Pal Card" in itself does indeed not change someone from Bad to Good, but I would hope we can all agree that by being able to obtain a Pal greatly increases your chances of being a good person... though good is a relative term I suppose, as some of the #### being slung around on this forum is anything but good... we are literally all on the same side but instead of finding some common ground and coming to some understanding we apparently immediately need to point fingers like everyone else does to us...

CGN Regular
    Personally I'm happy to lose a vendor that works to further restrict firearm ownership.
    You must be confused - does a part constitute a firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by aboynamedsuita View Post
    Fixed it?
    I meant what I said.

You must be confused - does a part constitute a firearm?
    Ask BBC, they're the ones requiring a firearms license to purchase a part. Do you support Lordco asking for your drivers license to buy spark plugs.?

CGN Regular
    I meant what I said.

Ask BBC, they're the ones requiring a firearms license to purchase a part. Do you support Lordco asking for your drivers license to buy spark plugs.?
    Lets unpack your analogy - does that mean lordco is restricting the legal ownership of cars? Are spark plugs commonly used to build illegal cars?

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Lets unpack your analogy - does that mean lordco is restricting the legal ownership of cars? Are spark plugs commonly used to build illegal cars?
    Why are you talking about illegal cars?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    First time I placed an online order for gun parts from RDSC I got a phone call asking for a PAL or RPAL number. The guy on the phone was polite in explaining their reasoning for checking that the parts were going to a licensed individual and assumed me that no records would be kept. I explained that I was driving truck and couldn't pull off to check my license and give him the info but I did tell him my number based off my memory. He said that was good enough to satisfy him that I did indeed have a license. Within about 2 minutes of hanging up my phone beeped that I had an email notification. It was my shipping notification. I doubt he even called it in to verify in that timeframe. Sometimes a quick phone call is enough to feel out the legitimacy of the buyer.

I had zero issue with being questioned, mainly because the way it happened assured me there was no additional risk to me. Subsequent orders all went through without any issues as I suspect they have a way of simply adding a note or something to the account that lets them know all is good.

I do however have a huge issue with companies requiring emailed photos of additional documents such as drivers licenses etc.. as there is no way of guaranteeing where these electronic correspondences end up. My privacy is more important to me than a dealers needy feeling to aquire personal information that's not legally necessary and/or not done in a way that guarantees my privacy/safety.
    This whole process kept the public safe... how ?