Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: black box customs undeclared shady business policy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdobson View Post
    We were defrauded last week over a Kestrel and then attempted fraud over 2 more. The last 2 would not send PAL/driver's licence as it was fraud. confirmed identity-cc theft.

Companies have to protect themselves as fraud is rampart.

We are witness to fraud out of Montreal-international organised crime. We have stopped many attempted frauds.

Regards,

Peter, Hirsch Precision Inc.
    Peter, if the red tape continues, people will drop from the sport of hunting and sport shooting. Businesses will suffer and close.

ANY company that does online business - will always run into the issue of online fraud.

The fraud has to be dealt with legally and properly. Overreaching will allow to 'new norms' which in turn will hurt us all. Probably best to either become more innovative at combatting fraud (whilst taking some losses) - than not being able to pay your employees and your livelihood going out of business.

The last thing we need is to have Heidi or Wendy pointing to Black Box Customs or Hirsch Precision as the leaders in the firearms industry who are for more red tape.

There is no way I will deal with a company that requires my pal to purchase items that are not legally required.
    Last edited by K45; 04-13-2022 at 03:05 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    The last thing we need is to have Heidi or Wendy pointing to Black Box Customs or Hirsch Precision as the leaders in the firearms industry who are for more red tape.
    So you'd rather them point to BBC as leaders in the firearms industry who are knowingly supplying gun parts for ghost guns?...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

It’s probably better that industry setup a framework themselves, or else the antis will make all the calls.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdobson View Post
    We were defrauded last week over a Kestrel and then attempted fraud over 2 more. The last 2 would not send PAL/driver's licence as it was fraud. confirmed identity-cc theft.

Companies have to protect themselves as fraud is rampart.

We are witness to fraud out of Montreal-international organised crime. We have stopped many attempted frauds.

Regards,

Peter, Hirsch Precision Inc.
    No problem - but all companies have a legal obligation to protect user data.

For example, it's illegal, for your sales@company.com inbox to have a bunch of driver's license or PAL images/info. It goes against CC compliance policies for vendors (like West Coast Hunting) to request credit card information (and image of card) via email.

I personally have no problem showing a PAL for gun parts or a DL to avoid fraud...but I am 100% NOT using email for that process, and I am NOT trusting a vendor to manage (and delete) my info per PIPEDA law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    So you'd rather them point to BBC as leaders in the firearms industry who are knowingly supplying gun parts for ghost guns?...
    If Black Box Customs are knowingly supplying parts for ghost guns, than they've bigger issues than asking for PAL information online. If you know something we don't, feel free to share.

Without posting very easy workarounds and potentially giving the criminal element more information, I'll refrain. But if I could break it down on these forums, a lot of you would very easily see that these measures do little to nothing for public safety. It appears to me that this more financially geared, not safety geared. This move makes sense if a business has chargebacks to their merchant account from credit card fraud as generally speaking, PAL holders aren't usually criminals. But unless you confirm with CFO that the PAL/RPAL is legit, it could be a random number or someone else's number... and if we're using the CFO to verify licenses for non guns and ammo purchases, we just open more doors than needed.

CGN Regular
    I'll ask again, except this time expand it from Shawn to everyone:
    What is the proposed solution?

CGN Regular
    Peter, if the red tape continues, people will drop from the sport of hunting and sport shooting. Businesses will suffer and close.

ANY company that does online business - will always run into the issue of online fraud.

The fraud has to be dealt with legally and properly. Overreaching will allow to 'new norms' which in turn will hurt us all. Probably best to either become more innovative at combatting fraud (whilst taking some losses) - than not being able to pay your employees and your livelihood going out of business.

People will drop from the sport as a result of showing a pal.....?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    If Black Box Customs are knowingly supplying parts for ghost guns, than they've bigger issues than asking for PAL information online. If you know something we don't, feel free to share.

Without posting very easy workarounds and potentially giving the criminal element more information, I'll refrain. But if I could break it down on these forums, a lot of you would very easily see that these measures do little to nothing for public safety. It appears to me that this more financially geared, not safety geared. This move makes sense if a business has chargebacks to their merchant account from credit card fraud as generally speaking, PAL holders aren't usually criminals. But unless you confirm with CFO that the PAL/RPAL is legit, it could be a random number or someone else's number... and if we're using the CFO to verify licenses for non guns and ammo purchases, we just open more doors than needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Box Customs View Post

Although it is true that there are no laws in Canada requiring a PAL for parts purchases, over the last 6 months we have had an overwhelming amount of ill-intentioned people purchasing specific parts that are quite obviously being used to complete 3D printed firearms....
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Sorry but your red hearing that BBC not illegally collecting personal information equals knowingly supplying gun parts for "ghost guns" (LOL)

Shawn
    Last edited by shawn; 04-13-2022 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling