Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: black box customs undeclared shady business policy

Business Member Black Box Customs's Avatar
    Just to clear the air on the PAL check process, we only require the PAL number and DOB to make sure the PAL is valid, after that we just note the online account as having a valid PAL and when it expires. We do not store any more information than needed for this process.

The policy is implemented most for locking blocks and trigger housings for the most part. These are currently the parts that we see the most amount of illegal traffic on.

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com
    sales@blackboxcustoms.com
    Phone: (403) 470-8802

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8
    SHOWROOM: M-F 9-7 / SAT 10-5

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    Because of crap like this one day we will need PALs to buy barrels, mags and other crap. Horrible policy.
    Sorry for the wake up call folks. If these parts end up in criminals hands with reckless abandon, it will fast track those types of policies regardless. We aren't going to stand here and do nothing and give the government more ammunition to push these types of regulations and legislations forward.
    Last edited by Black Box Customs; 04-07-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Box Customs View Post
    Just to clear the air on the PAL check process, we only require the PAL number and DOB to make sure the PAL is valid, after that we just note the online account as having a valid PAL and when it expires. We do not store any more information than needed for this process.

The policy is implemented most for locking blocks and trigger housings for the most part. These are currently the parts that we see the most amount of illegal traffic on.
    For actual firearm parts, I don't see a problem with this.

My issue is when another vendor (WCH) wants you to email a photo of your credit card and PAL card to buy a scope. That's way offside.

Quote Originally Posted by twyeh View Post
    Showing valid ID is fine, but recording of such ID is not ok. In this modern day, privacy is paramount, and we are slowly loosing it all (Vax pass anyone?).
    Say goodbye to "unregulated" anything from now on, and this has nothing to do with legality/safety but eventual total disarmament and control.
    Mark our words, if we do not apply a small amount of discretion and self police there will be wide spread regulation change on parts that's aren't currently controlled. 3D printed guns are on the rise and law enforcement are aware of them, be objective and understand that accessibility will be the first thing they attack. Importing parts and firearms are already hard enough as a business, we don't need more regulations making importations and servicing the consumer more difficult.

www.BlackBoxCustoms.com

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbafett33 View Post
    For actual firearm parts, I don't see a problem with this.

My issue is when another vendor (WCH) wants you to email a photo of your credit card and PAL card to buy a scope. That's way offside.
    We don't card for anything other than firearms and specific common parts used to complete 3D printed guns.

www.BlackBoxCustoms.com

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8

CGN Regular
    If you can't handle being inconvenienced, take your business somewhere else. No need to make a thread to whine about it. Especially if there's a lack of critical thinking involved.

They're well within their rights to make sure you're not a criminal. Just as you are within your rights to cancel your order. It's a not a bloody travesty.

Boom, logic. Thank you.

CGN Regular
    Blackbox has taken their position to uphold a standard of their choosing
    If you're not on board, too bad, their morals outweigh the mighty dollar
    Last edited by jg007; 04-07-2022 at 06:21 PM.

CGN Regular
    Nothing wrong with a thread. Clarified things for a lot of us and gave an open forum to a business to explain their thinking rather thana bunch of whispering misinfo cutting into their business.

Quote Originally Posted by wharforb View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago at Triggers and Bows .... I was buying a couple of their T-shirts and the guy at the counter asked me for my PAL. When I refused, and asked why he needed my PAL to purchase a t-shirt, he told me it was store policy! I refused and told him where he shove the shirts and asked to see the mangler. Manager arrived and OK'd the purchase without any PAL. By this time I didn't want anything to do with them. I can't help but wonder how many customers provided their PAL!
    I have made probably 100+ purchases from Triggers and Bows and have never once encountered such a thing. I have also had non gun owner friends go in there to get stuff (coffee, clothes, targets,knives,flashlights) and have never once had such an issue. When did this happen to you and what did the employee look like ?
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6