B and T APC308 PRO availability

Valore-Dave

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw in a few videos from Shot Show this year that the B&T APC308 along with the 223will be getting an upgrade to the PRO designation (NRC among other quality of life modifications). B&T said themselves to expect this upgrade in Q2 2022. As Wolverine Supplies is a leader in importing B&T firearms, is there any indication of when Canadian buyers might see this upgraded model?

i think those require separate FRT, i hope im wrong, otherwise it would be just like the apc9k pro

also Q2 2022 is really a mystery number, even BT USA doesnt and many big name US bt dealers dont have a concrete timeline of when to expect the pro versions

imho the pro versions kinda not a huge deal, the NRCH requires the use of a cartridge in a bolt cut out to use as a pseudo in lieu of means of forward assist

the only good thing is the free floating barrel, but the apc is already a sub moa rifle with good ammo

one last thing, if you look through BT USA catalogue(page22), you will see APC65 on their APC308 page, implying a 6.5cm version of the APC308, this i do believe require an extra FRT in the RCMP lab, but thats another 2 years at minimal given Q2 is the actual release date

Excellent response, thanks for your thoughtful input! I agree it is not a radical departure from the non-pro versions, might not make alot of sense to wait around if it will be another FRT as you are correct it is a tac driver already

With its aluminum Lower Receiver, the APC308 already accepts the user's choice of AR Pistol Grip. Once you install a spring-loaded, Folding Charging Handle, the non-reciprocatng aspect of the Pro becomes pretty much moot. And as others have already pointed out, the 308 is already sub-MOA with match loads it likes.

I personally don't see the point of waiting for the Pro version of the APC308. Why unnecessarily put off having fun?

Unfortunately, even the standard APC308s are like hen's teeth. They sell out just as quickly as they come in.... for good reason!

20220326-224908.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to agree, just not alot of added features or benefits to justify the wait as it stands currently. Non-restricted 308 DMR's are hard to come by these days, certainly pay to play in that regard but boy are they beautifully made rifles

Examined the 5.56mm PRO at Shot Show this year. I my opinion it was a fantastic upgrade over the current models. The barrel weight was just right, a nice medium.
Free floated and came standard with a very good adjustable stock with an adjustable cheek piece. Weight was good, it was my favorite rifle at the show.

Rich

Appreciate your input! I agree, a free floating barrel and its weight means it will be pretty advantageous. I didn't know the barrel was free floating aside from the hand guard. Awesome!

20220326-224908.jpg

What stock is that? Looks much better than the stock I see on the pictures of this rifle on Wolverine's website.

With its aluminum Lower Receiver, the APC308 already accepts the user's choice of AR Pistol Grip. Once you install a spring-loaded, Folding Charging Handle, the non-reciprocatng aspect of the Pro becomes pretty much moot. And as others have already pointed out, the 308 is already sub-MOA with match loads it likes.

I personally don't see the point of waiting for the Pro version of the APC308. Why unnecessarily put off having fun?

Unfortunately, even the standard APC308s are like hen's teeth. They sell out just as quickly as they come in.... for good reason!

20220326-224908.jpg

Agreed, I absolutely love mine. The aluminum lower makes it feel so beefy comparing to APC223. The charging handle doesn’t bother me at all….I don’t even have a folding one. Easily the best semi 308 you can buy

My Colt USA LE901 with its monolithic Upper Receiver actually outshoots my APC 308 by a small but noticeable margin. But you are correct - the APC 308 is definitely the best of the semi-automatic .308 rifles that we can currently buy!

RIP.... for now.....

20200413-202139.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom