Login database at your store hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, could be mearly a coincidence. Check your credit cards people, I have 2 pending charges as of yesterday. One from Best Buy and one from Bell. None of which I do business with. Not saying it's from this suspected breach, but just giving a heads up. I'll be canceling my card today.

The exploit used is likely still active.
When updating your accounts, change all personal info to fake info and update to a gibberish password.

Your data is out there, but no reason to put in new info or a password you'll use anywhere just to have it stolen again.

Canada Ammo should be taking their website offline until resolved

Canada Ammo: you have legal obligations with a data breach that contains PII

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-t...privacy-breach-at-your-business/gd_pb_201810/

Last edited:
would it be a good idea to cancel the credit card they had on file and request a new one from my bank or is that taking it too far?

(First time poster, long time lurker)

I found the breach download and was able to grab a copy of it.

The database that was leaked appears to just be the "users" table.

"id,username,email,password,reset_pin,registration_date,last_login,confirmation,ip,role_id"

These are the headers of what was dumped.

The password is hashed via MD5 encryption, which is reversible in majority of cases, depending on what the password was.

From what I see, there is no personal data outside of emails, passwords, usernames, and ip addresses of accounts.

Change your passwords and all should be good! :)

"id,username,email,password,reset_pin,registration_date,last_login,confirmation,ip,role_id"

The password is hashed via MD5 encryption, which is reversible in majority of cases, depending on what the password was.

From what I see, there is no personal data outside of emails, passwords, usernames, and ip addresses of accounts.

Thank you I will pass this to the IT team

how do you reverse a hash without comparing it each time? Good digging!

Theres a lot of MD5 decryption out there, essentially the way it works is with a dictionary method of sorts.

You cannot reverse engineer an MD5 hash, but you can compare it to a hash you know.

For example: if you know the hash for "password123", and then a password file gets leaked on the internet, the hash will be the same regardless of the server it is on, but in order to find the result of the hash you need to hash the exact same string.

Md5(password123) = 482c811da5d5b4bc6d497ffa98491e38

Running that MD5 to decrpyt at md5decrypt.net will give you the following result

"482c811da5d5b4bc6d497ffa98491e38 : password123

Found in 0.184s"

This is why I ultimately said its reversible in majority of cases depending on the password you use.

Many people who do data breaches and brute force logins will have a database of the most common 200,000+ passwords that have been leaked previously. You can guarantee these have all been run through MD5 encryption to know what it puts out in a database.

This is also why developers no longer use md5 without additional layers of security, and even then its not considered to be secure. Most commonly we'll see a salt+hash setup with multiple layers of encrpytion within the programming now adays.

Thank you I will pass this to the IT team

Seems like your database has been attempted to be breached multiple times throughout the years. When they find the targeted database get them to check the id records of 78851 to 78891 for some proof of it recently.

Theres a lot of XSS and DB Exploit attempts happening throughout the whole table.

I got one too from my ID monitoring service: OnGaurd idassist

"At an unknown date, the Canadian gun and knife site Canada Ammo was allegedly breached. The stolen data contains usernames, passwords, email addresses, IP addresses, and additional personal information. This breach is being privately shared on the internet."

kinda concerning if PAL numbers are leaked and shadies order firearms and ammo under fraudulent identities..

I have a new Pal #

99999999 ...... very original

Not sure if it related but my credit card was hacked in Feb ( Skip the dishes )
.... I do not order from them .... still unresolved ... 3 charges for the same amount in less than 10 min

You start hashing all combinations of characters and store the results in a database. At some point you'll have a database large enough for you to just query. MD5 has been around for a long time so shorter passwords have already been hashed.

I got one too from my ID monitoring service: OnGaurd idassist

"At an unknown date, the Canadian gun and knife site Canada Ammo was allegedly breached. The stolen data contains usernames, passwords, email addresses, IP addresses, and additional personal information. This breach is being privately shared on the internet."

Same for me. I receive it yesterday.

It's because Trudeau is pushing the buyback to a later date and the 'liberal underground' is not happy. Wait till you show up on a Google Maps overlay of gun owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom