Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Metric S++ton of Barrels at Dlask Arms Corp. !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    12.5” Pre-fit Ruger American barrels in 300 Blackout
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Any possibility of a 10 or 14” with barrel ring at MCS configuration?

Lets not forget the 10/22 carbon fibre barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    12.5” Pre-fit Ruger American barrels in 300 Blackout
    Hello please.

CGN frequent flyer
    Having parts in stock across the line (not just barrels, but receivers, bolts, trigger groups, stocks, etc) would help. I've occasionally gone through the Dlask website thinking about a 10/22 build but it seems there's always one part or other gone unobtainium.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    What is the appeal of the 16.25”?
    I used to have a 16 OEM Rem barrel and really liked it. Additionally, I currently have 12.5"/14"/18"/18.5"/20"/21" and there's a hole in the accumulation right between 14" and 18" that needs filled.

Dlask had some advertised and I missed out...

blake
    Last edited by mudgunner49; 04-26-2022 at 02:45 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgunner49 View Post
    I used to have a 16 OEM Rem barrel and really liked it. Additionally, I currently have 12'5"/14"/18"18.5"/20"/21" and there's a hole in the accumulation right between 14" and 18" that needs filled.

Dlask had some advertised and I missed out...

blake
    How do you run your 16 inch 870 (extension, stock, etc.). It seems like such an oddball to me, but the added length may be a blessing if it's visually appeasing.

Curious is it meets length with a pistol grip, and if there's there's flush fit mag extension.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    How do you run your 16 inch 870 (extension, stock, etc.). It seems like such an oddball to me, but the added length may be a blessing if it's visually appeasing.

Curious is it meets length with a pistol grip, and if there's there's flush fit mag extension.
    All of my 870's (5 in 12 ga and one in 20) have Vang Comp +1 extensions, except the 20 ga which is the stock length. 3 of the 12's have MagPul buttstocks and Remington OEM LE forends.

One of my TacOrd customs is on an Express Magnum from the very early 90's and has factory Express wood on the back end cut to 12.5" and a KickEez pad installed by Casey, the forend is a walnut LE forend, that one has the Vang Comp ghost-ring sights with the 1913 rail in front of the rear sight, vent-rib barrel cut to 18.5 with the rib buried into the front sight base (masterfully, I might add) and the barrel given the VC internal treatment including long forcing cone. This is the only one that keeps the same barrel all the time.

My other TacOrd gun is a Police Magnum that has the MagPul buttstock (in it's shortest configuration), OEM LE forend and has both a 14" barrel with fixed Mod choke and Wilson front sight, as well as an 18" Cyl barrel also with Wilson front sight. The rear end has an Aridus CROM for an Aimpoint Micro with a ghost-ring rear with the top half of the aperture cut off (the Rob Haught mod). This gun has both a +1 and a +2 mag tube extension, but I never use the +2. Both of the guns from Casey have full matte black CeraKote.

One of the other 12's is also a Police Magnum that has an OEM 14" Vang Comp'd barrel with an XS Big Dot on the front, a matching 18" Police barrel threaded for RemChoke, and a 21" VR Turkey barrel, also RemChoked. The 16" Dlask barrel (if I can access one) will go into this package (and likely be RemChoked also).

I'm in the line-up for Casey to do another 870P up fairly mildly for one of my boys also, as well as another 28" VR barrel that is due to be chopped to 18.5" and RemChoked and a Shockwave barrel to be RemChoked as well. He's lightly modified a Model 12 and an Auto-5 for me as well (both cut to 19", buttstocks cut to 12.5" and KickEeze pad installed, heel and toe rounded, XS Big Dot front bead) and I don't see me sending a shotgun to anyone else in the near future...
    Last edited by mudgunner49; 04-26-2022 at 12:32 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Any chance you got some blanks to try the NR PS90 project again?
    This. Did yall receive any? We need NR PS90's! Would be awesome news if you are able to revive this project.

14” 870 barrel?