Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ++Update May 12/22++ CZ Bren2 NR Barrel

CGN Regular
    ??? what about custom chambering's 6.5 Grendel or 6MM Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post
    just wondering when we could expect to placing order for Bren 2 - 762x39 & 223 NR barrel?
    Once I get a sample in my hands to make a dimensional drawing we can turn blanks to. At that point I will post up a pre-order for them. Until then everyone please give us room to work.

I'm excited for this project...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Might I ask how much an NR barrel for the Bren would roughly cost?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance82 View Post
    Might I ask how much an NR barrel for the Bren would roughly cost?
    Does it matter? Gets it NR and off the radar

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Does it matter? Gets it NR and off the radar
    Was trying to decide if it would be worth it to just buy the NR version. But for 700 bucks difference I preordered the R instead, makes more sense to convert and have a spare barrel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance82 View Post
    Was trying to decide if it would be worth it to just buy the NR version. But for 700 bucks difference I preordered the R instead, makes more sense to convert and have a spare barrel.
    Would be nice to know how much the conversion will cost considering the crazy jump to factory NR configuration price.

so the original barrel is cold hammer forged. How about Dlask's barrel? Accuracy?
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    so the original barrel is cold hammer forged. How about Dlask's barrel? Accuracy?
    We use Green Mountain Barrel Co. blanks made from 41V50 steel. We have been using these for literally decades and have never had an issue with them. As for accuracy they will match any semi-auto .223 barrel out there.

We don't give accuracy 'guarantees', those are more a gimmick than anything else considering the myriad of different factors that go into any one pull of the trigger.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We use Green Mountain Barrel Co. blanks made from 41V50 steel. We have been using these for literally decades and have never had an issue with them. As for accuracy they will match any semi-auto .223 barrel out there.

We don't give accuracy 'guarantees', those are more a gimmick than anything else considering the myriad of different factors that go into any one pull of the trigger.
    The big question is cost of conversion. The NR version is slated to be minimum $700 more expensive. RDSC staff claim it will be a CZ barrel. What would the price be alternatively to convert a restricted? There is also the process of NRing afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    The big question is cost of conversion. The NR version is slated to be minimum $700 more expensive. RDSC staff claim it will be a CZ barrel. What would the price be alternatively to convert a restricted? There is also the process of NRing afterwards.
    Our standard barrel swaps are $600.00 + tax and shipping. This means we supply the barrel and re-use the gas block / barrel trunnion from the gun, install, check head space, test fire and then change the status with the RCMP to N/R. You also get to keep the original R barrel.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com