Primers

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberta tactical rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   1
We just got in a very small shipment of primers from CCI.
All we got was 10 boxes of each, not nearly what we have on order.
BR2 large rifle benchrest primers $255.00 per 1000 primers
BR4 small rifle benchrest primers $225.00 per 1000 primers

Needless to say we are still in sticker shock at what current pricing is too!

Is this just due to supply and demand issues being out of whack? Or is there government taxes that are acting as a form of trying to reduce the interest in the shooting sports and community in general…. Over 2.5 times increase in a year? I remember seeing these not long ago for $8 a pack of 100. No way this is sustainable…

Is this just due to supply and demand issues being out of whack? Or is there government taxes that are acting as a form of trying to reduce the interest in the shooting sports and community in general…. Over 2.5 times increase in a year? I remember seeing these not long ago for $8 a pack of 100. No way this is sustainable…

There is something fishy with this. the increase seems way higher than anything else out there other than people trying to gouge on the EE. Note: I'm not slagging ATRS, I like you want to know why these are 2.5x last year.

I just bought primers for $9/100. They were Large pistol mag. Can't see why these would be more than double but who knows. After I saw a 5lb jug of H1000 advertised on the EE for $750 plus shipping all bets are off I guess.

Imagine what the cost of factory premium ammo is gonna be in the coming months with all these insane rises in cost of components.
Glad I'm well stocked for the next decade.

Just imagine the cost of not having them.

I agree the prices suck, but it’s supply and demand brothers. Last I read, there won’t be any more available to public until 2024 at the earliest. Sure hope that changes. I must say though, money tied up in these items are likely to hold up to inflation better than your paper money. And the way the things are going, who knows if there will be any factories producing for the civilian market in the next few years.

I'll quit shooting before I pay that for primers...all good things must come to an end, it was fun while it was affordable.

Oh well, chalk up another win for the Liberals! :(

Last edited:
Just bought a 1000 br2s and br 4s for 129 two weeks ago. WTF.
Getting to be cheaper to buy premium factories.
Primer .28
Powder 1.50
Bullet 1.50
Case 2.00
105 cost to reload with new brass.
I used 100/lb for powder.
FN CRAZY!

Just bought a 1000 br2s and br 4s for 129 two weeks ago. WTF.
Getting to be cheaper to buy premium factories.
Primer .28
Powder 1.50
Bullet 1.50
Case 2.00

105 cost to reload with new brass.
I used 100/lb for powder.
FN CRAZY!

Premium for me is $5-6 per round before tax or shipping.

So reloading at these prices can save me a buck a round lol.. Remember when that buck a round savings meant you were reloading for under a buck a round. I do.. I’m not crying, I just got something in my eye…

This will certainly dissuade anyone who wants to get into reloading or shooting for that matter , the few who are willing to pay this price are not enough to keep the sport alive

This will certainly dissuade anyone who wants to get into reloading or shooting for that matter , the few who are willing to pay this price are not enough to keep the sport alive

It’s almost like, that’s exactly what the gov wants. Lol, when oil cracks $200 a barrel next year we will say the same thing about youngsters getting their drivers licenses! Write that down, check back in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom