Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 870 MCS receiver assembly base

Quote Originally Posted by rotncore View Post
    Does this require a unique receiver, or will it mate a normal 870 to a Magpul and give it a QD function?
    The adaptor plate will work with any Remington 870 receiver. It will require the receiver stock nut to be made shorter and a new shorter one installed (we will be making new shorter nuts.
    The stock side will require alot more work to install thr steel quick release.
    This is why we will be selling the modified stocks as a complet unit. Ready to go.
    There will be several options.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I like this product, and I'm trying to understand it's application(s).

So if I understand this correctly, this 'MCS receiver assembly base' could be used (legally, in Canada) on a non-restricted 20" barreled 870 receiver, or on a restricted 14" barreled 870 receiver, but - due to OAL restrictions - it could not be used (legally, in Canada) on a non-restricted 14" barreled receiver.

Is that correct?
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I like this product, and I'm trying to understand it's application(s).

So if I understand this correctly, this 'MCS receiver assembly base' could be used (legally, in Canada) on a non-restricted 20" barreled 870 receiver, or on a restricted 14" barreled 870 receiver, but - due to OAL restrictions - it could not be used (legally, in Canada) on a non-restricted 14" barreled receiver.

Is that correct?
    Close but not quite.
    You could use it with a 14 inch bbl but when assembled you would have to put on a stock that gave you a combined total lengh of 660.
    As the gun can not be fored with out the stock
    You wouldxhVe have to make sure you did not use a sleight up pistol grip with the 14 bbl as that would make it less then 660.
    A Raptor grip when installed would be more then 660mm

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Close but not quite.
    You could use it with a 14 inch bbl but when assembled you would have to put on a stock that gave you a combined total lengh of 660.
    You wouldxhVe have to make sure you did not use a sleight up pistol grip with the 14 bbl as that would make it less then 660.
    Modifying a Raptor grip with an MCS adapter would be pretty cool…

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

CGN Regular
    Close but not quite.
    If I'm reading this correctly and understanding the regs, basically you could install this on any length of 870 with a full stock as long as it meets 26" OAL, and as nothing telescopes or folds, and the gun isn't designed to be fired without a buttstock or grip in place, it could be taken down well below 26" for transport/backpack use just like a takedown rifle and remain NR

Close but not quite.
    The only issue I see is that while uncomfortable and not safe you could fire it without any stock. Sort of like duct taping an upper to an AR lower and firing one shot to call it a variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    The only issue I see is that while uncomfortable and not safe you could fire it without any stock. Sort of like duct taping an upper to an AR lower and firing one shot to call it a variant.
    You can literally fire any gun without a stock, so that's a zero point argument. Short shotguns with pistol grips become restricted because they stray into handgun territory because they can become "a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand". The gun without a stock is not "designed, altered, or intended" to be fired one-handed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    That’s an unnecessarily cautious approach. Everyone’s Remington 700 16” barreled actions would be restricted if that were the case, as they could conceivably be fired without a stock.

The MCS adapter on the back of an 870 is not intended to be fired in that configuration - it’s fine. The only hot water people could find themselves in is installing the MCS pistol grip on a 14” or 12” barreled gun, dropping it under 26” OAL, making it an unregistered restricted firearm in that configuration - as detailed by Simon above.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

CGN Regular
    What's the stock going to cost?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    What's the stock going to cost?
    And is there a rough ETA on when the stock will be available?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast