Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of fraud...

Funny how a date on some piece of paper can somehow invalidate the class and what was taught But ya Target should be rebooking people with a new instructor to get the proper date on the piece of paper

Effective 2015 taking the safety course(s) has been required with no option to challenge the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Also, since you can just 'Challenge the Test', w/o taking any cless, & since you send them in yourself..so in a way, it shouldnt really matter about the "Instructor", per say, as long as you passed, it's a Standard Gov test...hmmm..I dunno.

I hope Target Sports does the right thing keep us posted

They have been entirely unresponsive to two emails sent regarding this. It's as though they think if they don't acknowledge it, it'll all go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    Target Sports should reimburse and go after SWAN themselves, they hired him.

I will not even consider dealing with that business

Is it an option to reach the instructor ? He is the one that started that mess by not renewing his credentials.
    But..first..was he aware of his loss of status ? Did Target knew ?

Leave the fuxxin emails and take the phone.

It was not a matter of the instructor not renewing his credentials. His license was revoked by the organization that trains and designates all firearms instructors in Ontario. He knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Is it an option to reach the instructor ? He is the one that started that mess by not renewing his credentials.
    But..first..was he aware of his loss of status ? Did Target knew ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    I feel your pain. Years ago when I decided to upgrade to an RPAL ....... I was then informed that my licence was valid but could not be used to acquire anything at all until I retook the exam for free. I explained that there was no impropriety during my exam as I was the only student and it was one on one. NOPE! Had to rewrite it or my licence would remain unusable indefinitely. After some nasty letters were sent to Wyatt's office I resat the exam with a sanctioned examiner and left with a perfect score. That experience left a bitter taste for the whole damn firearms bureaucracy in this country.
    That sounds like a bully street cop's tactic to me. It is a failure in the Firearms Act that named the CFOs but no one to supervise them.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Also, since you can just 'Challenge the Test', w/o taking any cless, & since you send them in yourself..so in a way, it shouldnt really matter about the "Instructor", per say, as long as you passed, it's a Standard Gov test...hmmm..I dunno.
    If the instructor was known to help people pass the exam then it would invalidate all the licenses he gave out...

Wow.. this is crazy. I took my course with Leslie Swan in 2021 as well (luckily a few months before this) and he was an excellent instructor. A bit old school but thorough nonetheless. Hope you come to a good resolve on this one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast