Did TradeEx sell off all their rifles?

kawicrash

CGN frequent flyer
I would check in to TradeEx website quite regularly to check out the interesting stuff.
All the Husqvarna and other rifles, the CG 63's and any surplus rifles are all gone. I know the plan was to downsize, so maybe they found a buyer, but there was a lot of stuff. Just curious if anybody heard anything.

I encountered the same issue as well. Things were more than bare bones because there weren't any bones left. Your best course of action is to give them a call and ask them yourself...

I think they're all over at Intersurplus now.

It certainly appears that way. Or at minimum Intersurplus is using their old supplier and TradeEx sold what they had and didn't restock. I liked TradeEx, but intersurplus looks good too. I'll be trying them out whenever they get an affordable lefty rifle or a 22lr that catches my eye.

Intersurplus is legit. I bought an O/U shotgun. I found the condition well reflected in the pictures and description; in this case I actually found they were more critical of the condition than I was. They were quick to respond to a question I had.

Tradex is heading in retirement. That was stated on their web site for more than 2 years.
So if he is planning to shut down the business at one time..it just make sense not to pile up inventory.

tradex will be missed but it's good that another site sponsor has taken the inventory over.
enjoy the retirement I say !

I think Tradex wants to find the "stuff" and sell small lots
Maybe Intersurplus will be included
I always liked to find and import stuff, but, after a while, it was easier to let someone else deal with the day to day dealing with the public
One always ends up with left overs

My understanding is that Intersurplus got a lot of the Tradex stock, last December I ordered an interesting old European .22 rifle and then I decided I also wanted a shotgun so I telephoned and they were very understanding and went out of their way to make sure I got everything I wanted. Very good people very deserving of our patronage.

Tradex has frontier, intersurplus, eagle firearms and things military listed as partners on their site. Everyone seems to have a theory but that they are importing but not retailing seems possible

I bought several rifles and a few pistols from Tradex over the years. Sure going to miss them, they filled a niche in the Canadian gun scene that nobody else really did. About the only place a guy could get low cost dedicated target pistols to get started in ISSF style shooting. I bought a couple Free Pistols from them, you don't come across those everyday for the prices Tradex charged.Finding a reasonably priced Walther,Pardini etc is almost impossible anywhere but at Tradex. Hopefully someone continues where they leave off. That said I can certainly understand why they want to downsize. The job should be fun,not an overwhelming pile of work.

Back
Top Bottom