Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: IPSC Competiton Shooting Question and Answer Thread

Is it production legal to DLC coat my barrel? I am planning to DLC coat my barrel, slide stop, safety and bammer.
    this is not something I can just swap out. Just want to make sure before I commit to it. I just want a black and gold shadow 2.

Alien Pistol for Production Division - IPSC

I find that the Alien pistol by Laugo Arms is listed under the IPSC Production Division List. My question is about the magwell as it came with the magwell on from the factory. Is one allowed to run the pistol with the magwell on? Because in the list for Sigs and Caniks the clause ( without the detachable magwell on ) is very specific that you can't run them with the detachable magwell on, but for the Alien pistol it is rather confusing because there is no clause that says ( without the detachable magwell on ). I did get bumped to open division on a recent qualifier due to the magwell and had to take if off to run Production Optics the second day as I run it with a retro slide kit where the optic reciprocates with the slide. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by drvidanes; 05-26-2022 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add more detrimental info

Quote Originally Posted by BananaChiu View Post
    Is it production legal to DLC coat my barrel? I am planning to DLC coat my barrel, slide stop, safety and bammer.
    this is not something I can just swap out. Just want to make sure before I commit to it. I just want a black and gold shadow 2.
    Yes the rules allow color changes:

17.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably
    required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited
    modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. racking or cocking handles, flared,
    enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.), and/or adding stippling. Changing the original color and/or finish
    of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments is permitted
    Fast Toys Shooting Sports
    www.FASTTOYS.ca

Home of the FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Optic - The best competition optic in the industry!

Your source for CED, DAA, CamPro, Reloading Supplies & Shooting Accessories

Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ftpshootingsports

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for all our latest shooting videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/fasttoys2

Quote Originally Posted by drvidanes View Post
    Alien Pistol for Production Division - IPSC

I find that the Alien pistol by Laugo Arms is listed under the IPSC Production Division List. My question is about the magwell as it came with the magwell on from the factory. Is one allowed to run the pistol with the magwell on? Because in the list for Sigs and Caniks the clause ( without the detachable magwell on ) is very specific that you can't run them with the detachable magwell on, but for the Alien pistol it is rather confusing because there is no clause that says ( without the detachable magwell on ). I did get bumped to open division on a recent qualifier due to the magwell and had to take if off to run Production Optics the second day as I run it with a retro slide kit where the optic reciprocates with the slide. Thanks in advance
    You CANNOT run the extended magwell:

17.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably
    required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited
    modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. racking or cocking handles, flared,
    enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.
    ), and/or adding stippling. Changing the original color and/or finish
    of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments is permitted
    Fast Toys Shooting Sports
    www.FASTTOYS.ca

Home of the FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Optic - The best competition optic in the industry!

Your source for CED, DAA, CamPro, Reloading Supplies & Shooting Accessories

Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ftpshootingsports

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for all our latest shooting videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/fasttoys2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345