Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holosun hm3x does not fit on TUF-22 picatinny rail

Question Holosun hm3x does not fit on TUF-22 picatinny rail

Edited: There is no problem with the rail, it's the scope out of spec.
    Last edited by Wakizash; 05-12-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Super GunNutz
    There's 2 spec: one regular mil spec and the other at 21mm witdth (called the STANAG).

Maybe you have a weaver rail with slots smallers than picatinny?

Quote Originally Posted by 100y View Post
    There's 2 spec: one regular mil spec and the other at 21mm witdth (called the STANAG).

Maybe you have a weaver rail with slots smallers than picatinny?
    Damn, I have no idea there are two specs and most of specs shown on products only say Picatinny. The TUF-22 is regular and the HM3X is STANAG.

I've read a lot of articles about the difference, either rocket science type of articles or simple as "they are same", can someone help me understand what the differences between STANAG and Regular Picatinny?

CGN Regular
    what's it hanging up on?

one of the often overlooked critical measurements of the 1913 rail is clearance beneath, which some optics rely on (notably eotechs with QD mounts) this is where you see people complaining about not being able to mount to their WK/WS rifles because there isn't enough room under the rail before the top of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizash View Post
    As title, just purchased a TUF-22 from Dlask, I took my Holosun HM3X magnifier but it cannot fit on the integrated picatinny rail (It can fit on my GSG-16 rail). Are there more than 1 specs of Picatinny rail?
    I don't know what it could be, sorry. We make the same rails for everything from H+K UMP's to the 10/22 and have NEVER had someone saying their scope / red dot wouldn't fit.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I don't know what it could be, sorry. We make the same rails for everything from H+K UMP's to the 10/22 and have NEVER had someone saying their scope / red dot wouldn't fit.
    The Wikipedia articles on "Picatinny rail" (MIL-STD-1913) and "NATO Accessory Rail" (STANAG 4694) show that they're very nearly identical, but the former is in old units and the other translates it into metric and refines it a wee bit. Ideally accessories wouldn't be built to such finicky tolerances to be able to demonstrate the difference!

I'll chime in here also.

Like dlask we build lots of things that are m1913 . Spec
    We have had at times had iaUes wirh some holosun produ to being too tight
    Bbb

GunNutz
    I don't think it's the rifle. I have the same magnifier on my m10x and it doesn't fit well. I had to cinch it down uncomfortably tight to where it wouldn't wiggle on me, and even then it's still not perfect and has some movement.

I thought it was the rifle at the time and tried it on others, but it's the magnifier itself, I'm 100% sure something in the specs or manufacturing of those magnifiers is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
    I don't think it's the rifle. I have the same magnifier on my m10x and it doesn't fit well. I had to cinch it down uncomfortably tight to where it wouldn't wiggle on me, and even then it's still not perfect and has some movement.

I thought it was the rifle at the time and tried it on others, but it's the magnifier itself, I'm 100% sure something in the specs or manufacturing of those magnifiers is off.
    Yes, I just tried on my friend's rail, it does not fit. My case is even worst, it cannot sit in at all, do you think I can grind it a bit? Are the two bumps really useful? I saw no bump/groove on the Holosun red dot so I guess it's fine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast