Thread: Lost PAL info?

CGN Regular

Lost PAL info?

My brother took the hunter & safety course at the same time as me 3 1/2years ago, he was 17 at the time so the course teacher gave him the paper work and told him to mail it out when he was 18 to get his PAL, he lost it! This is 3 1/2years later and he wants to know what can be done to get his PAL? Will he have to retake the test and repay, or will that be in a computer/book somewhere? Who do we need to contact? We aren't sure who gave the course either (I tryed making afew phone calls with no luck)

Thanks for any help. Would be nice for him to get his PAL so I could get him out hunting this fall.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bushwhacker's Avatar
    You don't state in your post what province he did this in. If you contact the Chief Firearms Office for your province, they should have a copy of the form on file. If he got a minor's permit to carry a firearm when hunting, he should be in the system. This is really your only hope, unless you can find out through the Firearms Safety organization of your province who the instructors would have been teaching the course in that location at that time. That would be a lot tougher in a big city than the country. Some instructor/examiners have kept all their copies from day one. That changed this year, they all have to go to the CFO now.
    CSSA REGIONAL DIRECTOR, FIREARMS SAFETY and HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR;

"The State has no business in the gun cabinets of the Nation" (what Pierre Trudeau should also have said)

CGN Regular
    NE Ontario, Sudbury.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dumbdawg's Avatar
    does the instructor have a copy of his test

CGN Regular
    I think I remeber the instructor saying he kept it on file, but we aren't sure who that was.

CGN Regular
    If you call the C.F.O. they can look up your record and see who gave you the course and then call the person and see if he or she has your brothers copy still on file

I feel for you because now you have allot of running around to do. Here in Quebec the courses / results go through an organization called Info Secure. They keep the records of what courses you passed like hunters safety, Firearms courses.restricted and non restricted... Ontario must have some sort of organization that keeps the records as to who took what courses and when. Good luck.