CZ Bren 2 MS NON-Restricted MAJOR UPDATE Post 587

when the store sell to you after May 18 the store will get RCMP for approval. And the government will know you are the new owner. If you plan to sell it in the future without informing the government, they will still assuming you own it. Any crimes potential done by that firearm will come back to you.

However for current non-restricted firearm owners, you can always claim you sold it before May 18. To conclude, it is more a issue for future non restricted trade.

Last edited:
First of all, big thanks to all of you for the orders, we appreciate your support! I will try to answer all your questions.

We only charge federal taxes for all provinces outside of Ontario except Quebec.

We do offer pick up at the shop, this is one of the shipping options at checkout and will remove your shipping fees, keep in mind all pickup must be by appointment.

We are currently standing by for more specs on the rifle; barrel length and manufacturer, what stock, sights included, availability in 7.62x39. We will post the info here as it arrives.

Those who think we hiked the price up by 100$ because they were selling well, we encourage you to reach out to the distributor and get the full story. We were told, 3 hours after posting here, that there was a mistake in the initial pricing and we were asked to correct this. The distributor will 100% back this up.

Based on past experiences (IE the OIC), you can take possession of a firearm that is banned by OIC so long as there is an invoice for the item dated before the OIC. That said, in the past, distributors we've dealt with have opted not to ship affected firearms to us unless they were registered with the CFP as prohibited prior to shipment. Essentially, if we have the item in stock then we can fulfill the order even if the legal status of the firearm changes. Its more complicated if we have a preorder with the distributor.

So are the pre-orders going to be affected by the registry 2.0? I want to put in a pre-order but, not if its going to be registered.

I noticed that the wording regarding nonrestricted on the RCMP has changed since I’ve read it many years ago.
“ (seller, giver) MUST make sure that the transferee (buyer, recipient) has a valid PAL. Call the CFP”.

If it is I’m ####ing cancelling my preorder. Not going through this #### again

I think that’ll be the case for a large percentage of buyers.
Pro- can plink with it and hunt with it
Con- they will be knocking at your door to take it away without compensation sooner or later. Boating accident? That lake didn’t have a PAL so you’re going to jail.

Can we pay in full now to avoid the registry 2.0? That way the sale is before may 18?

I would pay in full now if the rifle stays off the list. I think it worked for the Modern Sporters.

Just making sure but you guys are aware that Marstar don’t know what kind of stock comes with it, how many mags, and whether it is CZ OEM barrel or rebarrel in Canada by a company. These details they don’t have. Just making sure you guys are aware :)

Just making sure but you guys are aware that Marstar don’t know what kind of stock comes with it, how many mags, and whether it is CZ OEM barrel or rebarrel in Canada by a company. These details they don’t have. Just making sure you guys are aware :)

For sure, but MS would have until May 18 to sort that out. Based on my conversations with them this morning they thought NS would be able to give them those details by EOD today.

I can’t believe there are so many whiners on this thread. I am just pumped the NR Bren 2 is coming to Canada and I get one for the best price out there. Well done Marstar, I appreciate what you guys are doing.

For sure, but MS would have until May 18 to sort that out. Based on my conversations with them this morning they thought NS would be able to give them those details by EOD today.

Ahh good to know! I will keep an eye for their update then.

I can’t believe there are so many whiners on this thread. I am just pumped the NR Bren 2 is coming to Canada and I get one for the best price out there. Well done Marstar, I appreciate what you guys are doing.

Totally, don't want it, go buy something else ...

I'll help out the industry by purchasing one.

Pierre is getting into the position of Prime Minister and when he does hopefully all this junk that is going on gets wiped down like a chalk board. Not panicking whatsoever. In fact I’m Looking forward to shooting an “AR” again :)

Back
Top Bottom