Page 70 of 153 FirstFirst ... 506062636465666768697071727374757677788090 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 MS NON-Restricted MAJOR UPDATE Post 587

Quote Originally Posted by cptseawolf View Post
    I feel like they are trying their best here. No where else that took pre-orders of the NR is doing this, etc.

They tried to get as many 16" as they could, but couldn't get enough for 100% of the people that pre-ordered - so now, again, they are trying their best and are offering the option on 11".

They can't just make 16" carbines materialize.

At least Marstar is attempting to get NR rifles made for people that they have had deposits from for close to a year.

Fully agree with what you said. They are getting what they can, and I appreciate their constant communication and updates

Quote Originally Posted by cptseawolf View Post
    I feel like they are trying their best here. No where else that took pre-orders of the NR is doing this, etc.

They tried to get as many 16" as they could, but couldn't get enough for 100% of the people that pre-ordered - so now, again, they are trying their best and are offering the option on 11".

They can't just make 16" carbines materialize.

At least Marstar is attempting to get NR rifles made for people that they have had deposits from for close to a year.
    This. As stated, many of us have been sitting on our pre-order and being patient for almost a year. The delays have been out of Marstar's control and this is a good solution for those that want it and have been waiting. I think many, if not most, of us sitting on pre-orders are getting a 16" rifle. They are doing their best and offering conversions on 11" rifles to try to satisfy others. You can always order a restricted and have it re-barreled yourself or cancel your pre-order if that's your choice. At least we are being updated and offered a choice.

They should be prioritizing giving out 16" conversions in order of who placed preorders first. Doesn't seem like that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
    They should be prioritizing giving out 16" conversions in order of who placed preorders first. Doesn't seem like that's the case.
    I’m hoping it was sequential. If they found 349 16” rifles and I was order 350, I wouldn’t be mad, they’re doing their best given the suboptimal situation. If I was order 348 and didn’t get one, then I’m kinda pissed. The communication didn’t indicate it was a first come first serve, or that there was any major time limit. My email said they’d call on the 22nd (today) if I didn’t reply to them first, which implied that there was no great urgency to make a fast decision.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
    I’m hoping it was sequential. If they found 349 16” rifles and I was order 350, I wouldn’t be mad, they’re doing their best given the suboptimal situation. If I was order 348 and didn’t get one, then I’m kinda pissed. The communication didn’t indicate it was a first come first serve, or that there was any major time limit. My email said they’d call on the 22nd (today) if I didn’t reply to them first, which implied that there was no great urgency to make a fast decision.
    I don't have any information myself, But I was in the night of the first day this thread opened and there's another who was in the morning of, who are both being offered 11" conversions. No idea how many were sold in that time frame. No idea if they secured 30 16" models or 300. No idea if I would be outside the cutoff or not. But I have a strong feeling they are going in order of who responded to the email first and not who preordered first. Which imo is not the way this should be done. It should be done in the order of who placed their preorder first. This is what I personally would view as fair. Regardless of whether I made the cutoff or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dsbxr View Post
    I have a pre order in… but the NR APC223 is looking pretty tempting.
    If the re-barrelled Bren 2 came with a match grade barrel I would be more interested….
    Thoughts?
    Thought about it as well. Seems like the apc223 is going for $5130 where I've seen it in stock. $1700 in the difference, plus the bren 2 is quite a bit lighter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Nope, not interested in converting from the 11" version (as others have said it will have the wrong gas system and short hand guard - will look wrong)

Good thing this was a 9" and not an 11" then......
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post

Good thing this was a 9" and not an 11" then......
    Looks awesome!

Ive been reading all the posts since the marstar conversion update so maybe I missed some details here....

But these 11 inch conversions.....are they the same price? Would they also come with the original barrel like the 16s?
    Last edited by Mraz; 03-23-2023 at 12:06 AM.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
    This ^

QUOTE=PrettyBoy;19546873]I don't have any information myself, But I was in the night of the first day this thread opened and there's another who was in the morning of, who are both being offered 11" conversions. No idea how many were sold in that time frame. No idea if they secured 30 16" models or 300. No idea if I would be outside the cutoff or not. But I have a strong feeling they are going in order of who responded to the email first and not who preordered first. Which imo is not the way this should be done. It should be done in the order of who placed their preorder first. This is what I personally would view as fair. Regardless of whether I made the cutoff or not.[/QUOTE]

And this ^

Came back late from ice fishing out of service to the email for the 16, next morning I got the update email for the 11. I was under the impression I'd have a bit more of a window to reply since they stated I should expect a call if they hadn't heard from me by today. If it was stated that the number available was limited to x amount, or that it was first come first served, I may have made a rushed decision. Don't get me wrong, real stand up move on Marstar's part to offer this, and to extend the offer once the available 16's ran out. Just felt a bit blindsided when the follow up email was received as I figured pre-ordering the day it became available would have secured a position in line.
    Last edited by Veritas et Libertas; 03-23-2023 at 12:31 AM.
    "Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm."