CZ Bren 2 MS NON-Restricted MAJOR UPDATE Post 587

Maybe here is the catch-- "Rifle may not be as shown in picture"

So.... whats the catch???? The more expensive one (which is clearly advertised as the same as this version) isn't the same rifle??
Or the fact rhay not 1 single distributor or importer ACTUALLY has any real pictures of the never yet build NR Bren 2?

This will fall under the registry then, correct?

If it is I’m ####ing cancelling my preorder. Not going through this #### again

So are the pre-orders going to be affected by the registry 2.0? I want to put in a pre-order but, not if its going to be registered.

Jesus H.

People. Your firearms are not going to be "registered" ffs!
Registration legally speaking means that the firearm(s) in the books are technically owned by the state and not by the individual or business. That only applies to handguns, rifles with barrels under 18.5" etc.
This stupid new regulation only tracks the transfer of the NR firearm. To what extent we will soon see but you can do whatever you want with your firearm that is explicitly written in the law. As an example, you can legally melt the thing down and not report the destruction of the firearm. A business will need to report disposal of a firearm under Section 58.1(a) but not an individual.

Or.
If or when the hypothetical police come a knocking and they ask you where your NR Bren 2 is, you can say "I can't remember. All I know is I didn't sell it". Or, "I smashed it into an nuevo art display hereby disabling the receiver."
Please tell me what CC of C law or regulation was broken.

Buy whatever you want and act accordingly.

But what do I know. All I did was read the regs...

https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-71/royal-assent

Conditions — licence issued to business
58.#1 (1) A chief firearms officer who issues a licence to a business must attach the following conditions to the licence:
(a) the business must record and, for the prescribed period, keep the prescribed information that relates to the business’ possession and disposal of non-restricted firearms;
(b) the business must record and — for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, or for a longer period that may be prescribed — keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
(i) the reference number issued by the Registrar,
(ii) the day on which the reference number was issued,
(iii) the transferee’s licence number, and
(iv) the firearm’s make, model and type and, if any, its serial number; and
(c) the business must, unless otherwise directed by a chief firearms officer, transmit any records containing the information referred to in paragraph (a) or (b) to a prescribed official if it is determined that the business will cease to be a business.

Information — transferee’s licence
(2) The transferee shall provide to the transferor the prescribed information that relates to the transferee’s licence, for the purpose of enabling the transferor to request that the Registrar issue a reference number for the transfer.
Reference number
(3) The Registrar shall issue a reference number if he or she is satisfied that the transferee holds and is still eligible to hold a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm.
Period of validity
(4) A reference number is valid for the prescribed period.
Registrar not satisfied
(5) If the Registrar is not satisfied as set out in subsection (3), he or she may so inform the transferor.

Clear as day for me

Jesus H.

People. Your firearms are not going to be "registered" ffs!
Registration legally speaking means that the firearm(s) in the books are technically owned by the state and not by the individual or business. That only applies to handguns, rifles with barrels under 18.5" etc.
This stupid new regulation only tracks the transfer of the NR firearm. To what extent we will soon see but you can do whatever you want with your firearm that is explicitly written in the law. As an example, you can legally melt the thing down and not report the destruction of the firearm. A business will need to report disposal of a firearm under Section 58.1(a) but not an individual.

Or.
If or when the hypothetical police come a knocking and they ask you where your NR Bren 2 is, you can say "I can't remember. All I know is I didn't sell it". Or, "I smashed it into an nuevo art display hereby disabling the receiver."
Please tell me what CC of C law or regulation was broken.

Buy whatever you want and act accordingly.

But what do I know. All I did was read the regs...

Still sounds like a registry to me. Taking a chance with the 2nd part assuming the rcmp wont butt strike you for being a smartass even if it is correct

Nope, not yet. I'll call back next week if we don't hear anything here but marstar is usually pretty on it. Re: the handguard, I think the 11 inch extended one looks good, though there's a 7 inch option too.

CTC Supplies and ##### Armouries are importers of HB Industries. ##### has them avail both gen 1 and 2 handguards and CTC has them on order.

Back
Top Bottom