Page 29 of 153 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 MS NON-Restricted MAJOR UPDATE Post 587

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    I think it's important to acknowledge the fact that this rifle is practically guaranteed to be banned, it's only a matter of time.

But when the time comes, would you rather have a restricted Bren or a Non-restricted Bren? I can assure you anyone who owns an AR-15 would love to switch it for the Modern Sporter. Both are banned, but the government will only be knocking doors for one of them. It's worth the wait.
    Won't this be a moot point with the new back door registry? I share the hope as well but the reality is they will know you have it whether it is restricted or not.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayaround View Post
    Won't this be a moot point with the new back door registry? I share the hope as well but the reality is they will know you have it whether it is restricted or not.
    How do figure that?

If the store/dealer has to keep a record of the sale details under the recent changes, and we have to have a reference number to show we sold it to anyone else, it would be pretty simple to track it down. I realize the reference number does not have the details of the firearm as it stands right now, but if you fail to produce the gun or proof that you sold it, could they not "take you away"? Whether they have the manpower and will to do so is a separate issue. But in theory...

If the store/dealer has to keep a record of the sale details under the recent changes, and we have to have a reference number to show we sold it to anyone else, it would be pretty simple to track it down. I realize the reference number does not have the details of the firearm as it stands right now, but if you fail to produce the gun or proof that you sold it, could they not "take you away"? Whether they have the manpower and will to do so is a separate issue. But in theory...
    Yes. As I see it, there is now little practical difference between Restricted and NR "but recorded" firearms, insofar as the authorities' ability to track them down if desired. Sure you can take them to the woods to shoot so long as they are not banned. Once the ban kicks in however, you would have to be willfully stupid to be caught with one in the bush or enroute in either direction. Which means that from a confiscation perspective, there is no real difference between the two current classes of rifle. Which is why at least for me, it makes much more sense to be shooting and enjoying my Bren 2 now, rather that waiting to see whether the ban or the Fall delivery of NR Brens comes first! YMMV, of course....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 06-24-2022 at 03:21 PM.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Yes. As I see it, there is now little practical difference between Restricted and NR "but recorded" firearms, insofar as the authorities' ability to track them down if desired. Sure you can take them to the woods to shoot so long as they are not banned. Once the ban kicks in however, you would have to be willfully stupid to be caught with one in the bush or enroute in either direction. Which means that from a confiscation perspective, there is no real difference between the two current classes of rifle. Which is why at least for me, it makes much more sense to be shooting and enjoying my Bren 2 now, rather that waiting to see whether the ban or the Fall delivery of NR Brens comes first! YMMV, of course....
    yes bend over harder that will surely help the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    yes bend over harder that will surely help the cause!
    Please explain how owning and shooting a Bren 2 now as opposed to (maybe) in the Fall, equates to bending over harder? i fail to see the connection....
    Mark C

Well, I have 7 open transfer numbers on file with the RCMP as of today. I'm going for a couple dozen or more before the next OIC. Best to obfuscate the hell out of your licence while you can. I could have transferred all, none or some of my previous purchases. My memory sucks as I get older, I have no idea to whom or what I sold firearm X to... You don't need to keep track... yet.

Yes, you can use the regulations against them legally.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    I called them and they said they don’t know whether they will come with CZ stock or not. They don’t know how many mags come with it. They don’t know the ETA. They said the deposit is refundable, but they MAY charge 1%-2% credit card fees when you cancel and want the deposit back.
    Love this nickel and diming bs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Once (or if) these objects come into my possession, THEY will have to do the work to get it. I'm sure there are ways to run up their costs using every legalway possible....

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Well, I have 7 open transfer numbers on file with the RCMP as of today. I'm going for a couple dozen or more before the next OIC. Best to obfuscate the hell out of your licence while you can. I could have transferred all, none or some of my previous purchases. My memory sucks as I get older, I have no idea to whom or what I sold firearm X to... You don't need to keep track... yet.

Yes, you can use the regulations against them legally.
    Assuming original purchase was made after May 18, if sold second hand can’t they just track down the person being transferred too? They would have a great memory.
    Last edited by Stevent; 06-26-2022 at 08:49 PM.