Thread: NEW LEICA GEOVID PRO 32 Rangefinding Bino's with APPLIED BALLISTICS onboard!!

Business Member Shooting Warehouse's Avatar

NEW LEICA GEOVID PRO 32 Rangefinding Bino's with APPLIED BALLISTICS onboard!!

Our first shipment of Leica GEOVID PRO 32 rangefinding binos came in and went out pretty quickly.

These units come with APPLIED BALLISTICS onboard, so no more Kestrel Unit with Applied Ballistics needed!!!!

We have more units coming in hopefully in the next few weeks, so if you are in the market for one, please contact me to place your name on a pre-order waitlist.

They are available in 8x32 and 10x32 - click on the photo below for more info.

Name:  2989981f-b91f-4693-b22b-930fe2ca926f_600x441_7e96f559-0a22-43af-bf2a-c506a0414c3b_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  27.1 KB

Thanks

Robbie
    Last edited by Shooting Warehouse; 05-05-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Robbie Stewart | Shooting Warehouse
    Email: robert@shootingwarehouse.com
    Tel: 403-430-1166

GunNutz
    Anxiously awaiting

Quote Originally Posted by Toenoe View Post
    Anxiously awaiting
    Second shipment can't come in quickly enough....
    Last edited by Shooting Warehouse; 05-11-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toenoe View Post
    Anxiously awaiting
    It was really awesome to meet you, and glad we got a pair in your hands today Toenoe - I hope you have a LOT of fun with them!!

GunNutz
    It was great getting meet you too Robbie! Your a wealth of information and your walk thru on setting up the app was much appreciated. Extremely impressed with the lighting speed of range measurement can't wait to play with the ballistic info download. The optical clarity is amazing

How would you compare these to SIG SAUER KILO10K ABS-HD? I do have a Kestrel Elite, so the built-in app is not the critical decision point for me at the moment...

Who warranties Leica in Canada and how long?

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    How would you compare these to SIG SAUER KILO10K ABS-HD? I do have a Kestrel Elite, so the built-in app is not the critical decision point for me at the moment...
    The Sig Kilo10K has Applied Ballistics ELITE onboard, and sells for $2640 while the Leica has Applied Ballistics Ultralite onboard, and sells for $3624, plus another US$150 to upgrade the ballistics from Ultralite to Elite.

The Leica has far superior glass to the Sig, but the Sig has the better RF unit onboard, and will range large reflective targets past 8000 yards. I see some shooters in the US have hit large reflective targets at over 9000 yards consistently.

In the end, you need to decide whether you want all the bells and whistles but glass quality is of a lesser importance, in which case the Sig wins the race, or lesser functionality but better glass (and 50%+ more money), in which case the Leica is the clear winner.

I'd say for mostly hunting, the Leica, and for mostly long distance shooting, the Sig. I've used both, and the above are my observations. And it's also the feedback I've been getting from my customers that have received these units already.

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Who warranties Leica in Canada and how long?

Leica USA does the warranty, and it's now a seriously kick-ass warranty, with the first 10 years as their Passport warranty, covering accidental damage as well.

Here are the full details on Leica warranty:

All Leica Sport Optic products shipped from Leica Camera Inc. to an authorized USA or Canadian dealer since Jan 1, 2021 will now feature a fully transferable 10-year Passport Protection Plan plus a 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Both aspects of our commitment to you compromise the following:

Fully Transferable
    No Warranty Card Required
    No Receipt Required
    No Charge
    Valid only on products purchased from authorized Leica dealers in USA or Canada*

10 Year Passport Protection Plan

For a period of 10 years we will repair or replace your Leica Sport Optic product purchased from an Authorized USA and Canadian dealer in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition. It doesn’t matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it in the USA or Canada.
    Please note that our Passport Protection Plan excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, fire, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification.

This Passport Protection Plan is void, if damage is caused by the use of accessories not sold or authorized by Leica Camera Inc. or from service by persons not authorized by Leica Camera Inc. It will be at Leica Camera Inc.’s sole discretion to extend service under this Warranty for damage arising from the above-mentioned conditions.

30 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty

Beyond the 10-year Passport Protection, Leica Sport Optics offers a 30-year warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased in the USA and Canada from an authorized Leica Camera Inc. North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective, we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other force majeure.

Any Leica Sport Optic product that is purchased in the USA or Canada that is not imported by Leica Camera Inc. and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. or Canadian Leica Camera Inc. North America Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.

In the event of a defect, please call customer assistance at 1 (800) 222-0118 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty request through its completion. When you call, our customer care representative will give you instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or deliver your product to us, please enclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, and a brief description of the problem. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of any packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the instrument is not covered under the warranty; we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price.

Please note that our Passport Warranty excludes any integrated rechargeable batteries (i.e., Calonox). Battery life is a function of usage and charging frequency.
    Integrated rechargeable batteries have a Limited 5-Year Warranty. We believe that this is ample to provide coverage for regular product usage and is not indicative of what a user should expect from this product.

*If you intend to purchase a used Leica product and wish to confirm it was originally purchased via an authorized Leica dealer in the USA or Canada, please contact us and provide us with the serial number, and we will be happy to check it for you.
    Any correspondence should be sent to:

Leica Camera Inc.
    1 Pearl Court, Unit A
    Allendale, NJ 07401
    1-800-222-0118

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Warehouse View Post
    The Sig Kilo10K has Applied Ballistics ELITE onboard, and sells for $2640 while the Leica has Applied Ballistics Ultralite onboard, and sells for $3624, plus another US$150 to upgrade the ballistics from Ultralite to Elite.

The Leica has far superior glass to the Sig, but the Sig has the better RF unit onboard, and will range large reflective targets past 8000 yards. I see some shooters in the US have hit large reflective targets at over 9000 yards consistently.

In the end, you need to decide whether you want all the bells and whistles but glass quality is of a lesser importance, in which case the Sig wins the race, or lesser functionality but better glass (and 50%+ more money), in which case the Leica is the clear winner.

I'd say for mostly hunting, the Leica, and for mostly long distance shooting, the Sig. I've used both, and the above are my observations. And it's also the feedback I've been getting from my customers that have received these units already.
    From what I have read this is nail on head.

I`m in the market for a pair of these (not a hunter but will be used for long range and PRS) and wish I lived closer so I could sample each and make an informed choice.

The consensus is that the glass on the SIG has a noticeable blue tint but the HUD display is the best there is (fast ranging and all info is on one screen).

The Leica are very compact but dont give up much if anything to the larger offerings out there. The glass is widely accepted to be superior to the SIG with no blue tint and this gives them the edge when hunting (in low light conditions etc). The downsides are that they cost quite a bit more (particularly when you add the AB upgrade) and the HUD is cyclical (dont get all the info on one screen like the SIG). The rangefinder is much more limited in range too (2500?).