Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearms pre ordered before May 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    that to funny,if you bought a gun from a dealer in the 40 years,that paperwork included your personal info AND what gun you bought ,INCLUDING serial number,so buying a dun from the dealer after the 18'TH is the EXACT SAME as the last forty years,how do you think they kept records for warranty,that info has always been available to law enforcement,so this latest Turdo bull#### is nothing new,it's the same #### dealers have been doing for decades,but it sure makes the anti-gun idiots feel good,so if you're buying from a dealer,nothing has changed.
    but now they will contact the RCMP to get a reference number - the last time I bought an NR showed them my PAL - went downstairs paid for it and walked out the door

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    but now they will contact the RCMP to get a reference number - the last time I bought an NR showed them my PAL - went downstairs paid for it and walked out the door
    the dealer contacts the RCMP via the website to confirm your license anyways,always have,so there's that,nothing new there,
    so you bought a brand new gun and you think they didn't take down your info,how are you supposed to get warranty then if they dont know what they sold you,?,not to mention if you paid with a credit card,more paper trail.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfewchuk View Post
    The fact you people are ready to comply with this
    Bull#### is absolutely pathetic. Beyond disgusted to call myself Canadian at this point.

Attitude like yours, you might as well just hand all your guns in right now
    Lol tell me you have no idea what's going on without actually telling me.

He'll go first

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    the dealer contacts the RCMP via the website to confirm your license anyways,always have,so there's that,nothing new there,
    so you bought a brand new gun and you think they didn't take down your info,how are you supposed to get warranty then if they dont know what they sold you,?,not to mention if you paid with a credit card,more paper trail.
    The only thing that is changing on the business side is that they need to contact to get a reference number. That's it. The only thing the RCMP will know is that the specific PAL is purchasing something that requires a PAL. Could be a gun, could be ammo.
    Businesses are required to keep records of the other info such as the make/model/serial, which they have had to do for quite sometime already.
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    The entertaining part about gun control organizations pushing for and cheering the implementation of these useless changes to legislation is that situations like this lead to one hell of a spike in firearm sales. More guns are bought during Liberal/Democrat governments than ever and huge spikes are directly related their actions.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by TDizzle View Post
    The only thing that is changing on the business side is that they need to contact to get a reference number. That's it. The only thing the RCMP will know is that the specific PAL is purchasing something that requires a PAL. Could be a gun, could be ammo.
    Businesses are required to keep records of the other info such as the make/model/serial, which they have had to do for quite sometime already.
    I have a hard time believing that they won’t be asking for make model and serial number!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    No point running from a gun fight, I ain't never seen someone outrun a bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by HChammer View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they won’t be asking for make model and serial number!
    Especially the whole point is keeping clear logs for them to access which they will, so yes I do see them asking for model and serial. Your talking about the same ppl who illegally kept the old long gun registry after it was ordered to be destroyed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevent View Post
    Your talking about the same ppl who illegally kept the old long gun registry after it was ordered to be destroyed.
    And as outdated as it may be, it gives them a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent View Post
    Especially the whole point is keeping clear logs for them to access which they will, so yes I do see them asking for model and serial. Your talking about the same ppl who illegally kept the old long gun registry after it was ordered to be destroyed.
    Exactly!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    No point running from a gun fight, I ain't never seen someone outrun a bullet!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Does this mean that the days of walking into a gun store and walking out in short order with a NR are over? I don't imagine these reference numbers will be real time.
    .338 is where the fun starts.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast