Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearms pre ordered before May 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    the dealer contacts the RCMP via the website to confirm your license anyways,always have,so there's that,nothing new there,
    so you bought a brand new gun and you think they didn't take down your info,how are you supposed to get warranty then if they dont know what they sold you,?,not to mention if you paid with a credit card,more paper trail.
    Sure there may have been a paper trail buying a NR at a retailer, but you could have brought it to the range the next day and sold it to Mike in the lane beside you because you didn't like it. That is where the paper trail ended. Not anymore.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by HChammer View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they won’t be asking for make model and serial number!
    business always had kept all gun info on file,how else can you offer a warranty.they've been doing it for decades,but it really doesn't means much of anything when the purchaser decides to sell it to another licensed gun owner the next day.

CGN frequent flyer
    that to funny,if you bought a gun from a dealer in the 40 years,that paperwork included your personal info AND what gun you bought ,INCLUDING serial number,so buying a dun from the dealer after the 18'TH is the EXACT SAME as the last forty years,how do you think they kept records for warranty,that info has always been available to law enforcement,so this latest Turdo bull#### is nothing new,it's the same #### dealers have been doing for decades,but it sure makes the anti-gun idiots feel good,so if you're buying from a dealer,nothing has changed.
    No, not the same. If you buy something after May 18th and they want to seize it, if you say you no longer have it because you sold it to Mike, but you never got permission from the CFO to transfer it, you will have some explaining to do.
    Anything sold after the 18th by a store will be tracked. All they have to do is follow the transfers.

business always had kept all gun info on file,how else can you offer a warranty.they've been doing it for decades,but it really doesn't means much of anything when the purchaser decides to sell it to another licensed gun owner the next day.
    When I purchased a rifle out of a small dealer.
    I paid, Showed my license. Told them not to take my info down. They said "You don't want warranty?" I said "If it breaks, I'll fix it myself"
    They were good with that. I received my interact receipt and nothing more.

Buying at cabelas......They acted like a .22 rifle was a restricted.
    So much paper work. Dealing with the CFO, all info recorded...it was retarded. It was the last time I bought from them.

Quote Originally Posted by gyppo View Post
    No, not the same. If you buy something after May 18th and they want to seize it, if you say you no longer have it because you sold it to Mike, but you never got permission from the CFO to transfer it, you will have some explaining to do.
    Anything sold after the 18th by a store will be tracked. All they have to do is follow the transfers.
    100% !!
    From may 18 forward. ALL sales are to be recorded by the dealer & CFO/RCMP.
    Selling or gifting a NR firearm to a license holder without permission. Will be illegal.

this affects person to person NR sales only.. any purchase from dealer/store.. they have all your info anyways these days.. RCMP is just an additional step.. i got a lot of NR firearms from CGN EE.. there is no trail for that.. planning to do a couple more cash purchases before the 18th..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    that to funny,if you bought a gun from a dealer in the 40 years,that paperwork included your personal info AND what gun you bought ,INCLUDING serial number,so buying a dun from the dealer after the 18'TH is the EXACT SAME as the last forty years,how do you think they kept records for warranty,that info has always been available to law enforcement,so this latest Turdo bull#### is nothing new,it's the same #### dealers have been doing for decades,but it sure makes the anti-gun idiots feel good,so if you're buying from a dealer,nothing has changed.
    Not really correct as many stores were not recording any info on firearms sales . You could flash your PAL , pay by cash , and walk out the door with your new firearm purchase . Your standard store receipt with the product number acted as your proof of purchase for warranty , but many stores were not recording any personal info like names , adddresses , etc . This may vary from province to province , and from store to store , but I know from personal experience that personal info on firearm purchases was not being recorded by the local stores here unless it was for a restricted purchase .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cory View Post
    100% !!
    From may 18 forward. ALL sales are to be recorded by the dealer & CFO/RCMP.
    Selling or gifting a NR firearm to a license holder without permission. Will be illegal.
    I agree 100% as well. As much as I hate to admit it somebody within the government was using their head. A brilliant way to achieve what they want. It will be interesting to see what info they ask for when you ask for a transfer number.

On another matter I know the CFO has been in contact with at least one gun dealer in New Brunswick.
    Last edited by Leo M; 05-11-2022 at 09:47 AM.

the dealer contacts the RCMP via the website to confirm your license anyways,always have,so there's that,nothing new there,
    so you bought a brand new gun and you think they didn't take down your info,how are you supposed to get warranty then if they dont know what they sold you,?,not to mention if you paid with a credit card,more paper trail.
    What is new is one small detail.

Should you decide to sell your newly aquired firearm to Mike from Canmore, you will have some explaining to do once the confiscation agents come to your door to collect your newly prohibited "variant", as there will be no record of such transaction taking place.
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Knowing what doors to knock of is the point of this whole situation! Another step closer to the end for firearm ownership.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    No point running from a gun fight, I ain't never seen someone outrun a bullet!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast