Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Firearms pre ordered before May 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    unfortunately for them,the original long gun registry never got about 15% compliancy rate,today,that number will be below 5% IF they're lucky,
    all this bull is all about pleasing their anti-gun nazis,who actually think this is new,like business never took down that information before,nowhwere does it say private to private is taking firearm info,like was said before,for now,hopefully more province will tell the feds to go F themselves,and not bother legal gun owners,

One thing you seem to forget is that before (May 18) you could buy non-restricted and sell it the next day and the trace is lost (even if dealers kept a 7 year registry). Now, (starting May 18), you will need to contact CFO to sell your firearm (unless you want to do it illegally) and get a reference number. Plus, I'm sure they will ask for more info on the firearm...
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    One thing you seem to forget is that before (May 18) you could buy non-restricted and sell it the next day and the trace is lost (even if dealers kept a 7 year registry). Now, (starting May 18), you will need to contact CFO to sell your firearm (unless you want to do it illegally) and get a reference number. Plus, I'm sure they will ask for more info on the firearm...
    so where exactly do you get "you're pretty sure"..the law as written says nothing about taking that date,and the CFO agent i talked to 2 days ago said the same,so much for that paper trail.this is probably just another fluff piece of law to appease the clueless libtards,but really down't change much,i'm glad i've been on here long enough to have a nice trust worthy bunch of guys to deal with,newbies will have it rough though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    if they end up taking firearms data,while unlikely,theres going to be an awfull lot of old non numbered cooey 39's being sold,LOL
    Yup, every NR I sell going forward will be reported as cooey single shots and SKS' with cryllic serials.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cory View Post
    When I purchased a rifle out of a small dealer.
    I paid, Showed my license. Told them not to take my info down. They said "You don't want warranty?" I said "If it breaks, I'll fix it myself"
    They were good with that. I received my interact receipt and nothing more.

Buying at cabelas......They acted like a .22 rifle was a restricted.
    So much paper work. Dealing with the CFO, all info recorded...it was retarded. It was the last time I bought from them.
    I had the former experience while buying a new rifle from a small shop. I brought cash since it was a gift to myself from a bonus I'd earned, and all the lovely young lady at the register did was verify my PAL was valid. There was no information recorded, nor was there a transaction record as it was a cash sale. Needless to say, that rifle will probably be buried with me.

Small dealers and P2P transactions for the next week, then hopefully I'm settled with all the guns I don't own.
    Mikey B

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on CGN don't have a long arm to register
    This is Canadian Gun Nutz, where we're "Nutz" about guns but don't own any need to go to that other site if you want to find actual gun owners in Canada...
    Mikey B

Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    Yes please dealers hurry up and give input
    I may have to do some emergency shopping
    They probably know as much as you do at this point

CGN Regular
    As a member of CSAAA and through direct conversations with the CFO and CFC by the CSAAA this is how the system will work. The delivery date is the key date. That is the day on which the buyer attends to pick up the gun from the store or the day on which the gun is actually shipped. On that day or a date within 90 days prior the registrar will have had to issue a reference number for the buyer to make a legal transfer from the seller. This CANNOT be done retroactively. A reference number when issued is valid for 90 day between that seller and that buyer. A buyer may have more than one reference number active at the same time as long as the reference numbers are with different sellers.

What is not allowed is multiple reference numbers at the same time among the same seller and the same buyer.

A reference number when issued allow the seller to sell multiple N/R firearms to the buyer during the validity period of 90 days.is

If you are taking a trade in to a store you need a reference number where you as a consumer are the seller and the store is the buyer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurlewLLB View Post
    As a member of CSAAA and through direct conversations with the CFO and CFC by the CSAAA this is how the system will work. The delivery date is the key date. That is the day on which the buyer attends to pick up the gun from the store or the day on which the gun is actually shipped. On that day or a date within 90 days prior the registrar will have had to issue a reference number for the buyer to make a legal transfer from the seller. This CANNOT be done retroactively. A reference number when issued is valid for 90 day between that seller and that buyer. A buyer may have more than one reference number active at the same time as long as the reference numbers are with different sellers.

What is not allowed is multiple reference numbers at the same time among the same seller and the same buyer.

A reference number when issued allow the seller to sell multiple N/R firearms to the buyer during the validity period of 90 days.is

If you are taking a trade in to a store you need a reference number where you as a consumer are the seller and the store is the buyer.
    what about the info for the firearm previously nr now transfered? you will need to provide at least for the 1st one you re trasferring to the buyer. so the cfo will know what you had as a seller and the cfo will know as well what the new buyer is getting, correct?

CGN Regular
    I'm reposting this from another thread on the same topic to the last one about the May 18th deadline. I have an interesting thought, time to buy those serialized lowers of the guns you want before the 18th of May 2022,get the top part of the gun 3 weeks later all lengths of the new gun are the same regardless. Now that you have the main part of the gun in your hands which is the serial number prior to May 18th deadline on your bill of sale indicates you already own the firearm prior to the new regulations they mail it to you after they received your order paid in full. I have seen an example of this from The Shooting Edge. Go figure looks too simple and will go like hot cakes off the griddle in my humble opinion. Long live the freedom of owning a scary gun. I know I have one that is on the prohibited list and It's the Colt AR-15a2 Sporter California prohibition days

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567