Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Clarification the new regulations starting MAY 18 2022

I saw that thread as well...conflicting reports over the past couple days for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb.hunting View Post
    Side note do we have any clarification on how this will affect buying parts ? For example I buy an action for a build do I need a reference number ? Same with the barrel ?
    Actions are the controlled part, so yes they will require a reference number. All other parts shouldn't though (barrel, triggers, etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by NCressman View Post
    Any word on clarifying the records requirement?
    For who? Businesses? That is spelled out in C71, and yes it includes the firearm info.

For individuals though? There is no requirement to keep records of any kind, not even the Reference #, and you don't have to provide the reference # to the buyer either.

Quote Originally Posted by williamteichroeb View Post
    I believe it was true North that posted the actual info from the CFO and in that memo it clearly stated the model/make/serial number/barrel length etc. Was to be recorded and kept on file by the business.

Not sure if that information will be given during the transfer of a private sale or business sale to the CFO but at the very least is required to be kept by the business, for 20 years, along with other information such as tracking numbers ans even repairs etc....

Definitely a long gun registry....although it may be harder for them to track.....IDK
    C71 clearly stipulates what information the Registrar has to retain for NR transfers between private individuals: Two PAL#s, one reference #, and the date on which the reference # was issued.

Firearms information is to be kept by the business. There is no requirement to include any information about the gun(s) when obtaining a reference #, whether its a business or private individual that needs to do it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Actions are the controlled part, so yes they will require a reference number. All other parts shouldn't though (barrel, triggers, etc etc).

For who? Businesses? That is spelled out in C71, and yes it includes the firearm info.

For individuals though? There is no requirement to keep records of any kind, not even the Reference #, and you don't have to provide the reference # to the buyer either.

C71 clearly stipulates what information the Registrar has to retain for NR transfers between private individuals: Two PAL#s, one reference #, and the date on which the reference # was issued.

Firearms information is to be kept by the business. There is no requirement to include any information about the gun(s) when obtaining a reference #, whether its a business or private individual that needs to do it.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 04-21-2023 at 08:47 AM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    Well, the Section quoted doesn't specify the information required to get a Ref # but that doesn't mean they won't ask for the same info that a commercial seller is required to record when they do a private sale.

At least not how I read it.
    They can ask for gun details, but you'd be a fool to provide it.

Section 5 of c71 says you need to provide the prescribed information about the transfrees license. That section of the law makes zero mention of gun information.

Information — transferee’s licence
    (2) The transferee shall provide to the transferor the prescribed information that relates to the transferee’s licence, for the purpose of enabling the transferor to request that the Registrar issue a reference number for the transfer.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Long gun registry right there.
    Back door registry through OIC. Trudeau's public safety Minister is a liar POS

So are they going to hire someone to answer the F$@&ing phone?
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

CGN frequent flyer
    I guess everyone is just glossing over bullet D that straight up turns this into the registry?

2) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
    (a) the reference number issued by the Registrar;
    (b) the day on which the reference number was issued;
    (c) the transferee's licence number; and
    (d) the firearm's make, model and type and, if any, its serial number.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    So are they going to hire someone to answer the F$@&ing phone?
    I was thinking the same, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post

I was referring to the divide between the info CSAAA was provided on the 24th and the text of the act.

CSAAA was assured that there wouldn't be a record requirement, from their posts on social media.

So I guess the government just straight up lied to CSAAA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post
    Hey Folks
    We finally got some concrete information about the the regulations starting May 18th at midnight. See the email from the CSAAA:
    what a mess.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast