Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Clarification the new regulations starting MAY 18 2022

CGN Regular
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 04-21-2023 at 08:46 AM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeron View Post
    If I build a 10/22 up from parts, what part is the firearm?
    Say I buy all of the following from separate vendors:
    Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Trigger group
    magazine?

To which of those purchases would my purchase(s) be subject to the new regulation on May 18th?

Anyone?
    Same as what is the firearm now: the receiver. The rest are unregulated.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Same as what is the firearm now: the receiver. The rest are unregulated.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 04-21-2023 at 08:46 AM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So what happens if you order something, say today.. and the retailer takes several days to process it because of the increase in business, say it ships after the 18, now what? If it’s in stock and purchased today, does that mean it goes by todays rules no matter when it’s shipped? Retailer claims they don’t charge the card until it ships.. this could get dicey for some.
    To my knowledge, the legal meaning of the word "transfer" has never been interpreted in order to declare when the actual legal transfer is happening.

As the Firearms Act and criminal code are primarily concerned with POSESSION, rather than OWNERSHIP, a reasonable interpretation of 'transfer' would place the date of 'transfer' on the date that the firearm transfers POSSESSION, Ie the day the seller gives it to you, rather than the date it transfers OWNERSHIP, which is the the day you make the contract for sale, ie placing order, paying money.

Also, while this is not an identical consideration, be mindful that the CFOs approved the 'transfer' of prohibited firearms to people who do not hold prohibited licenses, because they had applied for the transfer of a restricted firearm, before it was deemed prohibited by the May 1st gun ban.

the CFOs determined to consider the eligibility of the person requesting the transfer based on the date the application was made, rather than the date the application was considered. This is clearly unlawful. I suspect that it was a decision to ignore the law because it gave the benefit of the doubt to those who had applied for the firearm in good faith, but in the end it only screwed them and placed them in legal limbo.

Also, the Registrar refused to issue any registration certificates for these newly prohibited firearms, which by law, invalidates the transfer.

The government had to amend the amnesty regulations in order to extend the amnesty to these people who were not originally covered. Regardless, these individuals have not been lawfully transferred the firearm, and they are unregistered, but they are the legal owner.

The moral of the story is the law is stupid, written by stupid people, administered by stupid people, and enforced by stupid people. You ask a fair question, but not one can provide an answer for you, or guarantee that what will happen won't be stupid.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Trigger group
    magazine?

To which of those purchases would my purchase(s) be subject to the new regulation on May 18th?

Anyone?
    Just the receiver.

Once you assemble them into a whole firearm, if you attempt to transfer that whole firearm to someone else, then ALL of the parts become to subject to the regulations, as parts of a whole firearm. Alternatively, if you strip the whole firearm down to the receiver, and tried to sell the parts, then only the receiver would be subject to the regulations.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Trigger group
    magazine?

Anyone?
    The PART with the SERIAL # RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Just the receiver.

Once you assemble them into a whole firearm, if you attempt to transfer that whole firearm to someone else, then ALL of the parts become to subject to the regulations, as parts of a whole firearm. Alternatively, if you strip the whole firearm down to the receiver, and tried to sell the parts, then only the receiver would be subject to the regulations.
    So what we really have are pre-May 18 receivers and post-May 18 receivers, then. I can see the used market contracting slightly as people hold on to their untracked rifles, shortly before being overrun by idiots trying to cash in because "they know what they got".
    Mikey B

So what if I want to lend someone my firearm. No money transaction and I still own it. How long can I lend it for?
    Also I would like to borrow some firearms as well, for an extended period of time.
    [/URL][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    So what if I want to lend someone my firearm. No money transaction and I still own it. How long can I lend it for?
    Also I would like to borrow some firearms as well, for an extended period of time.
    I think everyone will make a lot of new friends at gun shows and will be lending their firearms with a rent fee.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    There is no limit to how long you can lend or borrow a gun. If you ever ended up infront of a judge it might not be a very good defense though depending on the circumstances.... You can probably make someone believe you're just borrowing buddies gun that you hunt with yearly, Id think it's going to be an uphill battle to convince anyone you "borrowed" a gun from a guy 2 provinces over 3 years ago and haven't talked to sice?....
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast