Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Clarification the new regulations starting MAY 18 2022

CGN Ultra frequent flyer meadowmuffin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    That depends on what you mean by paying in cash.

There is nothing in the regulations that suggest a transaction would be subject to different rules depending on the method of payment.

If you are suggesting that a business would simply ignore the rules for a cash deal, I doubt you are going to find a business willing to risk their entire business, and their employees well being on a single cash sale.

No one here is going to be giving you advice on how to skirt the rules.

Im curious thoigh, that if the Government is sending all these letters with information on the new regulations to people who sell guns, I wonder if the government is sending these letters and regulations to all tue straw purchasers, smugglers, traffickers and domestic theifs who provide firearms the gangbangers doing all the violent crime.
    What I was trying to convey, is that if you pay cash at the time of the transaction which takes place before May 18, then the dealer processing a credit card payment on May 18 or 19 would be avoided. If you have paid for the item on say May 14 but take delivery after may 18 does that not circumvent the required communication with the CFP?
    The fact that Islam is a religion of peace and compassion for many, a peaceful and compassionate pilgrim, is immaterial as long as the spirit in the Arab/Muslim world is hostage to militants who regard Christians as "crusaders," and Jews as pigs and monkeys. George Jonas

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmuffin3 View Post
    What I was trying to convey, is that if you pay cash at the time of the transaction which takes place before May 18, then the dealer processing a credit card payment on May 18 or 19 would be avoided. If you have paid for the item on say May 14 but take delivery after may 18 does that not circumvent the required communication with the CFP?
    According to SFRC as soon as they check your PAL is valid (there is an online portal for retailers to do that) you're good to go. The date your credit card gets charged or they ship it doesn't matter.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmuffin3 View Post
    Ah. Thank you for clarifying.

Like I said. The firearms act mostly concerns itself with possession, rather than ownership. "Transfer" as it relates to non restricted firearms is likely to be interpreted as transfer of possession rather than ownership.

While a cash payment might affect the creation of evidence that could be used against you, im not convinced that it would change the legality of the transfer of a firearm after may 18.

What the law says, what a judge will eventually determine, and what the CFP will do in the meantime can be and often are three entirely different things.

No one can say for sure.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456