Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hot off the press re May 18

Hardcore communism like Venezuela… just see another example: the passport issuing BS…
    You're out!

CGN frequent flyer
    So, does the business have to retain any records prior to May 18? Or are we all essentially hooped as they can look at anything prior to then. The end game of this is simple. Being able to have a stop gap so any new prohibs can be traced to the last legal owner. So they can be seized.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    What part of May 18 did you not get

CGN frequent flyer
    It is the day it is implemented. Whats stopping them from looking at anything. Its a question no need to be a dink…

CGN Regular
    What's the definition of a business? Here is the big poophole. Canada Post now requires you to register as a "business" in order to ship firearms across the country. Does this imply an individual who sells a firearm also has to keep this kind of record? Or is it only for Canada Post which is a crown corporation and not technically the government? Most likely, the less said the better. Though, I'm sure this site is monitored regularly.

So what if all firearms resellers just said 'No'?
    I buy most of mine off of EE. I've no intention to keep anyone's info or subject them to storing mine.
    I know I could save money with CP if I registered as a business but I don't because I'm not and it's not their business what I'm shipping as long as it's not a 'dangerous good'.
    More people just need to say 'No'. I wish I'd have said 'no' all those years ago to the LGR. Lost my favourite .22LR because of that nonsense.

No.

There were quite a few people in the possession of non restricted firearms, that made their thoughts known back in the day, when government (lieberal) were going after the prohibs and dark and scary black rifles . They tended to waffle about the need for such firearms, as they weren't sporting, hunting rifles , really who needs them ? WELL, it appears the lieberal government , now is in a round about, sneaky pete way, apparently targetting non restricted average Joe hunting rifles and long arms. You might even say they are back dooring the system to gather intelligence on all gun owners , maybe for future grabs ? Who knows.

CGN Regular
    So I guess if you are a criminal and want guns, make sure while you break into the 5000 gun stores across Canada, that you grab those books with names and guns sold, will make your next theft so much easier, knowingwho has what in theirhouse. Actually never mind stealing guns, that book must be worth a small fortune on the street.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    So I guess if you are a criminal and want guns, make sure while you break into the 5000 gun stores across Canada, that you grab those books with names and guns sold, will make your next theft so much easier, knowingwho has what in theirhouse. Actually never mind stealing guns, that book must be worth a small fortune on the street.
    Glad I have a PO Box instead of a street address.
    UCP member
    CPC member

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast