Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hot off the press re May 18

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Have the Conservative candidates spoke about this issue at all in the leadership race?
    Leslyn Lewis. Got an email Yesterday

Canadians are not afraid of farmers, sports-shooters, or hunters, but that doesn’t stop the Liberals from rolling out another version of their infamous gun registry to punish these groups.

I desperately want Canada to be the safest country in the world. I know what it’s like to hear about a shooting in downtown Toronto, near where my kids were headed with their friends, and pray that they were alright.

And though I have never suffered such a tragedy, too many mothers have received the worst possible news one can ever get.

We need to focus on stopping the flow of illegal firearms being smuggled across our borders, and supporting our law enforcement to shut down real criminal activity.

We need to invest in effective programs that will stop gangs from preying on vulnerable youth.

All of this can be accomplished without another heavy-handed and pointless gun ban.

As my colleague Raquel Dancho pointed out yesterday, the Liberals have not put forward a single policy that would actually accomplish anything to make Canadians safer, and only attack law-abiding firearms owners to make a show.

When it comes to firearms, government action should focus on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, while respecting law-abiding Canadians.

This is exactly how I will approach firearms as Prime Minister.

I am proposing a full review of ALL current firearms laws. I want to ensure that government efforts are entirely focused on keeping guns out of the hands of gangs and other criminals.

It’s time for a complete review of Canada’s firearms laws to make sure that they are actually doing what they’re supposed to do. Any law that doesn't follow common sense will have to go.

We need a simplified classification system that is determined by gun experts, law enforcement, farmers, and sports shooters, instead of politicians and bureaucrats.

In this race many candidates will have somewhat similar common-sense policies regarding firearms. The reason why I believe I am the candidate best positioned to defend your rights and freedoms is based on both my professional and life experience.

As a lawyer I have studied these laws and understand their weaknesses. As a mother who raised her children in the GTA, I am best positioned to reveal the hypocrisy and futility of the Liberals' failed policies. As a rural resident and MP my constituents are the ones who are now being punished for no reason by the Liberals and pointless firearm bans.

As someone who has gone through the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, I know firsthand the strong rules that are in place and the many hoops that law-abiding gun owners already need to jump through.

Do you agree with my common-sense approach on firearms?

Hear’s a thought!?! What’s stopping a person from contacting the individual web service for the transfer and giving them a random serial number for a non existent gun and using someone else’s real Pal number as the recipient of said firearm and just flooding the web service with fake transfers. And when they call the Recipient they have no knowledge. Good system RCMP! Hopefully what I said makes sense. As the transfer is only one sided.

Nevermind
    Last edited by Sveinn84; 05-13-2022 at 08:37 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA member!

As if CFO phone line is not already swamped. Usually have to call them back 10-30 times before I'm even on the hold line for att .
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    As if CFO phone line is not already swamped. Usually have to call them back 10-30 times before I'm even on the hold line for att .
    Supposedly, there will be an online portal. Guess we'll have to see.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    Hear’s a thought!?! What’s stopping a person from contacting the individual web service for the transfer and giving them a random serial number for a non existent gun and using someone else’s real Pal number as the recipient of said firearm and just flooding the web service with fake transfers. And when they call the Recipient they have no knowledge. Good system RCMP! Hopefully what I said makes sense. As the transfer is only one sided.
    Runkle of the Bailey has made a video on this where he exposes how this law is the most vulnerable to fraud he could have thought of.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Once you understand what their goals are, it is not mind boggling at all.
    They are pretty much openly mocking us at this point...they are well aware of the fact, that this has nothing to do with reducing gun crimem
    I second this… anything and everything to bog down private transactions… Miramache will simply leave the phone off the hook, and their online capacity, will be “ down” for “ maintenance “… major discouragement, for private sales.

CGN Regular
    I have an interesting thought, time to buy those serialized lowers of the guns you want before the 18th of May 2022 get the top part of the firearm 3 weeks later all lengths of the new gun are the same regardless. Now that you have the main part of the gun in your hands which is the serial number prior to the May 18th deadline on your bill of sale indicates you already own the firearm prior to the new regulations they mail it to you after they received your order paid in full. I have seen an example of this from the Shooting Edge. Go figure looks too simple and will go like hot cakes off the griddle in my humble opinion. Long live the freedom of owning a scary gun. I know I have one that is on the prohibited list and it's the Colt AR-15a2 Sporter California prohibition days

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Tax purposes should be the very least of your concerns.
    They are laying the groundwork for future NR bans and confiscations.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 04-21-2023 at 08:45 AM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast