Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hot off the press re May 18

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar

Hot off the press re May 18

This just in...

On May 18, 2022, changes to sections 23 (Authorization to transfer non-restricted firearms) and 58.1 (Conditions - licence issued to business) of the Firearms Act; section 24.1 (Conditions) of the Firearms Licences Regulations; and sections 5 and 6 (Information Relating to Transferee's Licence), 7 (Period of Validity of Reference Number), 10, 11, and 12 of the Conditions of Transferring Firearms and Other Weapons Regulations, will come into force.

These changes will result in the addition to your licence of new conditions related to the retention and preservation of records of non-restricted firearms.

Please find below the business licence conditions that will be added to your current licence as of May 18, 2022.

A notice, with these new conditions, will be mailed to your business address.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please call 1 800 731-4000.

Conditions

Effective May 18, 2022 :

(1) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years beginning on the day on which the record is created, keep the following information relating to the business' possession and disposal of all non-restricted firearms:
    (a) the classification of the firearm;
    (b) the date and an indication of any business activity related to the possession or the disposal of the firearm, including, if applicable, its purchase, sale, bartering, gifting, consignment, importation, exportation, repair, alteration, deactivation, destruction, manufacture, pawn broking, storage and display;
    (c) the firearm's manufacturer, make, model, type, action, gauge or calibre, barrel length and, in the case of a fixed magazine, magazine capacity;
    (d) all serial numbers displayed on the firearm's frame or receiver;
    (e) the name and address of the individual or business to which the firearm was sent, or from which the firearm was received, in the course of any business activity referred to in paragraph (b) other than an activity that relates to a transfer of the firearm, if applicable; and,
    (f) if the business caused the firearm to be shipped by another person, the name of the shipper or carrier, their licence number or permit number, if applicable, and the package tracking number of the shipped firearm.

(2) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
    (a) the reference number issued by the Registrar;
    (b) the day on which the reference number was issued;
    (c) the transferee's licence number; and
    (d) the firearm's make, model and type and, if any, its serial number.

(3) The business must, unless otherwise directed by a chief firearms officer, transmit any records containing the information referred to at conditions (1) or (2) above to the Registrar of Firearms if it is determined that the business will cease to be a business.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

This is a registry, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointdexter View Post
    Did you ask it if it identifies as a registry, or did you just assume?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointdexter View Post
    The one benefit to this system is that this retarded registry is split up into 1000 different pieces and is held by citizens/private company's. (To be fair, this is good and bad. Good the government doesn't directly have, bad because joe shmoe doesn't need to keep records of all my personal info in an excel spreadsheet on some laptop in the back office of a gunstore.)

but seriously, jesus christ wtf is this bs

CGN frequent flyer
    Thank god I sold all my rifles already.
    It’s a damn shame I had to cancel my Bren 2 pre order, but it’s not worth having when they are just going to confiscate it as soon as they have everyone’s info.

My gun license is going dormant from this point forward, thankfully it’s already valid until 2027 and hopefully Justin has came out as trans and ran for UN leader by then.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

BANNED
    So, in the case of a NR firearm getting deemed prohibited, will the businesses that sold these be forced to turn over records? Or do they only turn over records if they cease to be a business?

This country's leaders are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by havensmg View Post
    So, in the case of a NR firearm getting deemed prohibited, will the businesses that sold these be forced to turn over records? Or do they only turn over records if they cease to be a business?

I’m sure the CFO is keeping a copy in their files as well.

This is 100% a registry. It’s complete and utter BS

Does this make anyone else feel like just saying “#### off” to all our ridiculous rules?

I honestly don’t feel super compelled to follow tyrannical rules in a tyrannical system.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by havensmg View Post

I’m sure most of them changed hands several times.. didn’t need to phone it in prior to the 18th, when I sold my guns I just verified a valid pal in person and went on my way, others went consignment at stores and I had nothing to do with the transaction.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Everyone is safer now. Thank you Dear Leader…..Trudeau ‘Making Canada Hate Again’
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Super GunNutz
    That looks like what Canadian Tire has been doing for years.

And that got nothing to do with private sales.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast