Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sterling R18 PRE ORDER !

Is Facebook the only user group for this?
    Is there a user thread on CGN that I am missing?
    I don't have social media, so I feel like I am a little out of the loop on this.

CGN Regular
    Back from the range, with the new upper I'm not getting crazy wide groups anymore, having said that with 8x at 100 yards, bipod up front, bag in the back and a brutally tight cheek weld the best I was able to wring out of it was about 2.5 MOA with federal gold medal sierra matchking and nosler match.

worst groups were about 4MOA, maybe a little over.

So while I wouldn't say it's particularly impressive(especially given the THICC barrel profile), it's probably on par with or better than the tavor for around the same money(with the benefit of standard ergos and more upgrade options). I'd say it's acceptable for what it is so long as you go in to it with tempered expectations.

The machining is lovely, it's solid in the hands and I had zero stoppages.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Back from the range, with the new upper I'm not getting crazy wide groups anymore, having said that with 8x at 100 yards, bipod up front, bag in the back and a brutally tight cheek weld the best I was able to wring out of it was about 2.5 MOA with federal gold medal sierra matchking and nosler match.

worst groups were about 4MOA, maybe a little over.

So while I wouldn't say it's particularly impressive(especially given the THICC barrel profile), it's probably on par with or better than the tavor for around the same money(with the benefit of standard ergos and more upgrade options). I'd say it's acceptable for what it is so long as you go in to it with tempered expectations.

The machining is lovely, it's solid in the hands and I had zero stoppages.

My god.. if that’s the report it’s not worth the money.
    Half that into my ATRS and it prints moa with no effort.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    My god.. if that’s the report it’s not worth the money.
    Half that into my ATRS and it prints moa with no effort.
    I’m actually disappointed as well; I tested 16 of the barrels and averaged 1.5-2.5 moa, so 4 is not what I was expecting.

I’m curious what others are going to get.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I’m actually disappointed as well; I tested 16 of the barrels and averaged 1.5-2.5 moa, so 4 is not what I was expecting.

I’m curious what others are going to get.

JR
    Different kinds of ammo? I ran with bulk 55gr FMJ which did better than last time (probably 2.5-3MOA), green tips, barnaul 55 and 62, hornady black 75 in 556 and 223, federal gold medal match and nosler match.

How many shots in the group?

Really hoping I didn't just get myself stuck with the lemon of the lot

Would fluting those current "heavy" Barrels between the Chamber Root and the Gas Block help to reduce the front-heavy weight any? Just a thought.....
    Mark C

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Different kinds of ammo? I ran with bulk 55gr FMJ which did better than last time (probably 2.5-3MOA), green tips, barnaul 55 and 62, hornady black 75 in 556 and 223, federal gold medal match and nosler match.

How many shots in the group?

Really hoping I didn't just get myself stuck with the lemon of the lot
    I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing a lot more groups posted soon as we shipped over 100 uppers in the past week.

One more data is in, decisions can be made. :-)

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing a lot more groups posted soon as we shipped over 100 uppers in the past week.

One more data is in, decisions can be made. :-)

JR
    I'm gon a spend some more time behind it as well and see if there's anything i can do to tighte things up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Remember, the Sterling R18 is the only 180 variant that comes out of the box with an adjustable gas block. I don't know if dialing the gas up and down would affect accuracy, but it might be worth looking into. Also, triggers are being used? Important to know for comparison. Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Ustauk; 06-19-2022 at 11:30 AM.

CGN Regular
    i installed a hiperfire enhanced duty. has a very decent break.

i don't think the gas system should make a difference especially at rifle length (bullet is only going to be in the barrel for a tiny amount of time while the piston is moving)

worth a shot though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast