Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sterling R18 PRE ORDER !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I'll be taking the R18 to a service rifle match this weekend. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to my old XCR-L and SA15.7, along with all the other rifles on the line.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    I'll be taking the R18 to a service rifle match this weekend. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to my old XCR-L and SA15.7, along with all the other rifles on the line.
    Did you already zero it? Are you running a stock trigger?

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Will zero day of the match and will be running stock trigger.

Any plans to sell just complete uppers? Would it be compatible on a Spectre Ballistics Lynx 180B lower?
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Any plans to sell just complete uppers? Would it be compatible on a Spectre Ballistics Lynx 180B lower?
    Unfortunately our upper is not compatible.

No plans right now to sell either the upper or lower separately until we have other calibres available.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Will zero day of the match and will be running stock trigger.
    Let us know how she runs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Unfortunately our upper is not compatible.

No plans right now to sell either the upper or lower separately until we have other calibres available.
    Brownells BRN-180 style upper please!!!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Got mine, Fit and finish are excellent!

Upper felt very heavy being shipping on its own! All assembled with a scope, and Midwest folding adapter It balanced right in front of the mag well.

My rail needed to be tightened otherwise it would easily flex and touch the barrel with very little pressure on it. Even with the rail tightened I can get the gas block to contact the rail easily, but it at least doesn't do it under its own weight on a Bipod. Also tough to get a Mlok rail at the very end for a Bipod without touching the gas block. I went with a Magpul AFG Mlok rail that is a little longer to avoid it. Just a couple of easy fixes to check if you are getting accuracy issues.

I Switched the trigger to an ALG, and I think this is the best upgrade you can do right away- I would suggest TSE looks into having at least some small upgrade to the trigger done. The first time you pull the gritty/heavy stock trigger it takes away from the Match quality feel that everything else on this rifle has.

All mags seem to have no problems, but my PMAGS are very tight. I have to really work to insert them and strip them out. We will see if this gets easier with break-in.

I will update with accuracy results when I get a chance to shoot it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Perhaps a competition package could be added that includes a nice Triggertech trigger? They are used on another 180 competitor, and recently had the win of being the default trigger for the Canadian verboten CMMG Dissent; might as well support another Canadian company if you want to give people the option of a nice out if the box trigger.

Regarding the Dissent, could TSR/Sterling see licensing the DI/180 hybrid action for use with a DI R18? It could give people their choice of handguard and pencil barrels. Of course, that would be a long way and dependent on the worst not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Perhaps a competition package could be added that includes a nice Triggertech trigger? They are used on another 180 competitor, and recently had the win of being the default trigger for the Canadian verboten CMMG Dissent; might as well support another Canadian company if you want to give people the option of a nice out if the box trigger.

Regarding the Dissent, could TSR/Sterling see licensing the DI/180 hybrid action for use with a DI R18? It could give people their choice of handguard and pencil barrels. Of course, that would be a long way and dependent on the worst not happening...
    We're actually sending a rifle down to Trigger Tech as they are going to test the rifle with a bunch of their triggers to see what is the best "bang for the buck".

We've toyed with the idea of increasing the price and simply adding a TT as the rest of the rifle is premium, but the USGI trigger leaves a bit to the imagination...

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast