Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Sterling R18 PRE ORDER !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    We're actually sending a rifle down to Trigger Tech as they are going to test the rifle with a bunch of their triggers to see what is the best "bang for the buck".

We've toyed with the idea of increasing the price and simply adding a TT as the rest of the rifle is premium, but the USGI trigger leaves a bit to the imagination...

JR
    Great to hear, thanks! The one for the Dissent has a 2.5 pound adjustable trigger pull, so maybe you could piggyback on that production run if its is suitable; reviews of the pistol/SBR quite liked it, almost considering "cheating" for how good it was. Not sure it would work as well in a long piston rifle compared to a short 180/DI hybrid, but it might still prove suitable. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have a Mk2 and use the Trigger Tech MCX trigger and it goes bang every time. My first gen Trigger Tech hit too light with hard primers. Really liking the gun so far. Passing 750 rounds through mine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Match went well (won it - yay me), accuracy was reasonable with PMC 55gr around 2-2.5" @ 100m. Was intending to do some accuracy testing the following morning but had to stop as the charging handle magnet backed out which prevents the bcg from seating all the way forward. Total round count is ~150.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Match went well (won it - yay me), accuracy was reasonable with PMC 55gr around 2-2.5" @ 100m. Was intending to do some accuracy testing the following morning but had to stop as the charging handle magnet backed out which prevents the bcg from seating all the way forward. Total round count is ~150.

We need to use a stronger epoxy!!!!!

Get us your rifle and we’ll turn it around in a day.

The magnet is not critical to operating… so just push it in or remove it out of the way and keep shootin’

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The Ballistically Speaking Podcast put out a YouTube of them testing various magazines with the R18, https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ouTube-channel.

Edit: fixed link
    Last edited by Ustauk; 06-27-2022 at 08:14 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Steel Case Ammo Testing on Ballistically Speaking Podcast's YouTube Channel:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post19014841

To quote my post comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post

At first it didn't go well until they adjusted the gas up two notches to the third setting. It again shows why the non-adjustable AR180 derivatives are gassed so heavy; they are farm implements meant to eat anything. It's definitely nice you can dial the R18 up to eat pooh, and dial it down with nicer ammo, you don't have to pound apart the gun so much. It would be nice of if someone released an adjustable gas block for the WK and MCR, since TNA seems to have given up on theirs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Are there many of these out in the wild yet?
    .338 is where the fun starts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Could TSE bring in some Grey Birch 1913 folders to pair with the R18MK2? Adriel the Hunting Gear Guy does a mini review of the Grey Birch folder at the beginning of his GB Takedown chassis review. He liked it, and it has a cool skeleton folder look, but with the bonus of variable length of pull and an adjustable cheek riser. Plus it is Made in Canada.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...4#post19044364

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567